Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 11, 2015

New Beginnings

Grass cut the first time 4 days ago
Humming birds have returned, 2 at feeder last night at dusk,
opening door slowly I tried to get an image,
not too good and they are so skinny.
Most of my old friends have returned
but some did not.
and my favorite Oak Leaf Hydrangea
Every year I purchase another rose bush and they do not survive by the edge of the woods
so I will plant no more.  But I love roses...

Yes, old friends emerging, a lot yet to surface the earth  and might add so are the weeds.
A lot of grooming done in the past 5 years will be done less this year and onward.

One who helped some recently, needed work and now seems I cannot reach him.
A repeat of many times over the years.
Not upset this time, disappointed but the way it is.

I hear my son's words
it really does not matter
please
just enjoy this wonderful peaceful spot
you call home.

So another reminder too
RELAX

12 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

You have some lovely blooms there in your gardens surrounded by woods.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Sandra said...

What a beautiful garden you have around your home. You are fortunate indeed, but I think you know that! Enjoy! Through your pictures we can enjoy it too!

lil red hen said...

Oh my! Such a beautiful place! Maybe your help will come back looking for more work; we'll hope so.

Pienosole said...

It both looks and sounds like a wonderful peaceful spot. As Sandra wrote, we can enjoy it through your words and pictures. Thank you. :-)

Rebecca said...

Oh! SO beautiful. I hope you spend some time on that concrete bench. And your son IS right!

Judy said...

Lovely--as usual. I am a month behind you in my garden growth, but there is enough popping up to keep me excited. So lgad we made it through winter to enjoy another spring and summer.

Hill Top Post said...

How I enjoy seeing your "new beginnings." Woodhaven is beautiful!

Tabor said...

So important to go with the change. we stay the same, but those around us who are younger change. That is how it is. I guess I will find my hummingbird feeder and get it out!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Sandra, Charlotte,
Pienosole, Rebecca, Mary, Judy
and Tabor - thanks to all for checking in.
Beautiful Sunday in store and then onward with rain daily.

Wisewebwoman said...

the magic of your garden warms my heart, it really doesn't matter but as we age I find I want things done and NOW.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, me too :)

Sky said...

maybe your helper found a full time job...let's hope so for his sake!

spring is looking nice there. I can hardly wait for even warmer weather here, making baskets and filling pots with overflowing annuals, and to see the perennials bud.

listen to your son. we only get one time around...make it worthwhile and focus on that which really matters. :)