Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Weekend Sweets

Early morning errand and trees were still glistening with ice.
No trip to town in 5 days
and like to keep a well stocked pantry.
Also just needed to be around civilization
even though
I hurry back to the woods....

Lunch of tomato soup
and the only way to serve
is with Basil and Dill.  Tonight when I finish
I will add some Parsley, Chives and Cilantro
which the freeze did not destroy.
Also melted cheese on wonderful bread,
some black pepper chips
and the best olives that are marinated
in olive oil and spices.

Just finished making 2 simple deserts that
had not been made in a while.
Lime and Lemon Jello with an addition
of crushed pineapple, cottage cheese and sweetened condensed milk
in past have put an addition of nuts - but not this time.
Also chilling is a mixture of cream cheese, whipped cream, some confectionery sugar
and vanilla, poured over a few crushed Oreo cookie crumbs.
Will top this with my last carton of strawberries and some blueberries.
Doing this instead of the suggested canned pie filling.

Tomorrow will take my last small carton of frozen turkey from the holidays and make
chili with white beans, onion, carrot, celery, cumin and an addition of cilantro.

So set for food for this warmer weekend
and if it is not to muddy
I will venture outside....

12 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

You always thrill me with your meals. I remember the jello salad, my Mom made one with cherry jello. She also made jello about half chilled and added soft ice cream. Put in the freezer and later yum, yum.

I heart olives and cheese on good bread.

glad for your safe trip to town and back to Callie and home sweet home.

((hugs)) you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tabor said...

You do cook so well for yourself, I am glad for that and hope you can get out and about for a while.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'm glad to see you cooking nice meals for yourself. That is encouraging me to keep cooking for myself, as I love to cook.

Have a lovely Sunday ~ FlowerLady

mel said...

What a wonderfully delicious meal! I hope you enjoyed every bite.

Balisha said...

Can I come over?
Balisha

Barbara Blundell said...

The desserts look delicious, Could just sample some !

I have made vegetable soup today. Will do nicely with garlic bread for lunch tomorrow !

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, Tabor, Lorraine, Mel and Barbara, thanks for visiting.
Balisha, your welcome anytime :)

Hill Top Post said...

Each dish, main or dessert, that you prepare always looks so invitingly delicious. I continue to take notes. I know you and Callie will be out enjoying the warmer days.

Wisewebwoman said...

Oh you poor pet, you are just about starving from lack of pantry top up.

I'll have to arrange an emergency food hamper stat.

:D

XO
WWW

Judy said...

I don't eat right--I'm glad you do. Everything looks tasty.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mary, WWW and Mary, thank you for visiting the "woods." Another rainy day...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Meant to say Judy...