Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, January 31, 2013

On Line Buying Very Easy

On line buying is very easy and almost too tempting.

Anything I can purchase from Amazon
is how I make a purchase.   This saves me a trip into town,
gas, time,  price is more reasonable
and how nice to have it delivered.
All books and Cd's purchased this way and many
times used.
My latest purchase was coconut water.   Smaller size
and excellent price.  I read that it is just as good for
you and maybe better then  the sport drinks that many use.
I use it for the nutrition and potassium.
Last yard blower was purchased this way and was less
expensive then Lowes.
Most of my downscaled Christmas shopping was
purchased online and a plus as they took care of the delivery

One item was a disappointment
batteries and charger for my camera.
Two deliveries and they did not work properly
an immediate exchange and now refund.
Will not try a third time and bought these batteries
on last trip to town and using my old charger.

If sport clothes are needed they can usually be found
at L.L.Bean with no shipping.   Also Banana Republic,
Gap and J.Crew have excellent sales and free shipping.
A plus is I have never had a problem with returns
and immediate credit.

Probably nothing shared that those who read my rambling
do not already know ?

Cleanup today from bad storm 2 nights ago. I usually wake at 2:30 am
and have a middle of the night snack of yogurt, banana and tea.
Soon the wind and rain could be heard beating against the windows,
 and the phone was ringing.
My daughter's were calling to tell me that a tornado was in my area
and immediately the phone went dead
and electricity went off for almost 4 hours...

Screens blown
out of screen porch, a lot of limbs in yard and woods.
Did not like the way the wind rearranged some outdoor furniture.
Very thankful there was no serious damage.

Wonderful that the sun is shining today.
It is cold but when the sun shines it seems warmer then it is
and always warms my heart....

9 comments:

mel said...

Thank heavens you are safe and well! Your daughter must have been so worried when the phone connection died.

Very interesting about Amazon. I tend to avoid internet shopping for fear it won't be exactly what I want or cost more.

I will have to try your way.

lil red hen said...

Oh that must have been a frightening time for you! We were not in the storm track but some in the northwestern part of the state had storms.

I only order by mail, after selecting fabric I want online.

Don't overdo on the clean-up work!

Wisewebwoman said...

I order quite a bit via internet, rarely disappointed and so hassle free.
Glad you survived the storm, hope everything is restored and furniture uprighted.
XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mel, always compare the prices.
I started buying this way a couple of years ago - before that did not feel comfortable doing it - but now it is the way for me to go
Charlotte, and WWW, I am like you..

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mel, also check on returning item.
I only buy from them if there is no postage for this...

MsGraysea said...

Scary storms and I was worried about you when I saw the reports! So happy it is minor, although, I am sure there is a mess to clean up.

I, too, do a lot of shopping on-line. I especially find it useful to shop for fabric as there are fewer and fewer quilting fabric shops. On etsy.com I can find fantastic bargains on vintage fabrics when I am making a quilt with a theme. Also a great place to find unusual gifts. The service is so prompt and friendly, as well.

Lynn said...

You already know I agree with you one hundred per cent about online shopping. When I go out I want to enjoy a leisurely time not spend it searching in vain for something I need. It’s all at my fingertips with my laptop. My latest acquisition a spearmint tea not available locally. Enjoy your weekend now that the storms have passed.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in your comments about shopping online. I've done very little of that, but so look forward to staying home more and DRIVING LESS. So, I will take your prompt and give something a try. I've been hankering for some moccasins, and think I'll try ordering online!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia and Lynn, :)
Ellen, I bought some wonderful slippers on Amazon of all places.