Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Less Is More Thoughts

Less is more
in all ways of life
Trying
but it is not as simple
as the words
I repeat as a mantra.

http://parkinsonsand5htp.blogspot.com/    January 3rd entry....

Less writing,
sharing,
talking,
phone,
trips to city,
garden grooming,
housework,
buying,
and on and on.

All the things I do daily
that make the hours fly by
I am striving to do less.

Take time to breathe,
walk slow, stop hurrying
 and just be
in my time left in this world.

Enjoy sitting still in my old rocking chair
looking out the windows during these
winter months and
observing nature,
healthy food,
slow bends and stretches,
petting Miss Callie,
smiling at strangers
hugging loved ones,
compliments pass them on
not just something you think
and keep to yourself.
Encourage all
at every opportunity
and think before you speak
if it will uplift or make another sad.....

No mind trips to the past
or the future
just live today
one moment at a time and
smile.....

5 comments:

lil red hen said...

Such good advice! I'd like to be able to just sit and relax for a bit, but winter farm work keeps calling early every morning.

the wild magnolia said...

Good words to simplify and live in the moment.

Very good post.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great post, I want to live in the present enjoying my many blessings.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

I think that when the weather is warmer this should include sitting on a bench downtown and people wathcing and taking notes AND reading poetry out loud on the bench at your house. Just me.

Hill Top Post said...

A great post...gentle reminders of things we all should do each day. So glad you don't forget to pet Callie!