Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, January 14, 2013

Gray

Looking out the window
it looks gray and cold.
Several loads of wash, yoga, breakfast, going over floors,
bird feeders filled, writing reviews on Amazon, driving out
for mail and morning
has gone by quickly.

Batteries and charger ordered from Amazon and they do not
charge but for 24 hours and  as usual such good service and when
I contacted them new ones are on
the way.

Tomato soup for lunch and
still able to clip some chives and dill
to sprinkle on top along with Gouda cheese.
Also crackers with peanut butter and a slice
of cheesecake with tea made a satisfying lunch.

Arriving in mail a lot lately  offers for magazine subscriptions
at give away prices.  Like $8 for two for a year that would cost
over a $100 if bought at the store.    In the past there were
magazines delivered to my home, now just a few favorites
English Garden (and have so many old issues I will not renew
this subscription)  also the Yoga magazine which I keep for
my son to read on his upcoming trip home.
My daughter "Laurie" in Florida sent me a subscription to the magazine
"Garden and Gun" and looking forward to the next issue.

Computer gives me all the information  I need and with
 many unread books I need no more
reading material in this cottage.

Time to sit down and go through my mail
and I love this burning candle that my daughter "Beth"
gave me for Christmas.  A "Winter Pine" scent.
Wonder about the flu in the areas where so many of my visitors live.
One of our local schools is closed and they say ER is full.   So this one
is not venturing out much - but then she never did....

Last night was a night that hopefully does not repeat.
Decreasing Prednisone dose  has a lot of side affects.
I thought this issue was going to bless me and pass me by  - but then
did not sleep well, anxiety and when I did fall asleep unpleasant dreams
surfaced.  Rarely dream in my past years unless something really disturbs me. 
  It seemed I was lost in them and it
left me unsettled when I became fully awake...

Looking forward to sun shining on Wednesday
and also to a better nights sleep tonight.

9 comments:

lil red hen said...

It was very cold here this morning to get out early for the farm chores. I guess that's just what we have to expect in January.

The farmer gets too many free agri magazines plus emails; they fill up the recycle boxes.

I had dreams last night too that left me anxious this morning. I don't like to dream anymore.

Tabor said...

Our lives are a little parallel these days. Tomato soup (with shaved Romano), rainy days, too many magazines, an odd dream last night...but Garden and Gun? That must be interesting.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, you and me - do not like to dream.
Tabor, yes, a different magazine and similar in the garden way to Southern Living. Do not like dreaming and Gouda was in frig and had not been opened - wondered if I would like it it was good.
Potato soup simmering at the moment.
Seems this weather calls for simple soups.l.

the wild magnolia said...

Your meals always make me hungry for whatever you have prepared.

Saturday I got my flu shot, I take no chances, if this flu can be avoided.

Happy week.

Wisewebwoman said...

Sorry about the bad dreams but they can always highlight something we need to be working on.

Your food paragraphs make me salivate!!

Garden & Gun? Seriously?

XO
WWW

Sky said...

weaning off those preds can be rough. hope it moves forward easier in the next couple of days.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, WWW and Sky, thanks for visiting. A good night last night..

MsGraysea said...

Love your meals, as other readers. So soothing in the winter.
Very gray here this morning but it is mild. Sort of matches my winter mind.

Dreams can be so disturbing. I dreamed of my best friend last night, so this morning, I wrote her to tell her about the beautiful magenta wool suit she was wearing in my dream, and that she was so in love. Sort of a nice one, but dreams can make one feel like they have not slept well enough.
Flu very prevalent here, too. Lots of hand washing and avoiding crowds for me, too.
Happy reading. I have held on to my one favorite magazine, and gotten rid of the others, too. With Kindle, the internet and quilting, there are not enough hours.
Many blessings to you today.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, stay warm...