Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inside Garden

It may be 10 degrees outside this early morning
but inside plants are thriving....
 
Calla Lilly,  Christmas gift from a neighbor.
Jade plant, purchased last year for 89 cents.
Rabbit Ear Fern and Begonia
 so many years old then I can remember
and survived traveling from home to home.
Aloe plant purchased last Spring for $1.
Bamboo 5 inch plant
is surely growing.  My granddaughter
commented yesterday "grandma your Bamboo plant is really growing."

They look healthy and happy....

7 comments:

Tabor said...

You really have a green thumb. My plants are starting to look pretty straggly this time of year. I do not have any plants that I have kept over the years and that does make me sad.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, they just grow very well
in this cottage. The two plants I have had for so many years I sometimes think of repotting but afraid
to disturb them...

Wisewebwoman said...

I had lovely houseplants in Toronto but here nothing survives, uneven heat (woodstove) partly to blame.
I miss my African violets most, I loved them so much.
Your plants are wonderful....
XO
WWW

the wild magnolia said...

I'l enjoying the photos of your inside garden.

Just before Christmas I bought a bamboo (three stalks) arrangement in water. Now in my tiny window by the sink. Not much room inside the RV.

Outside I have a marigold and rosemary. Rocks gathered in Maggie Valley.

We are close to 80 degrees today, not bad in the shade, with a slight breeze.

Happy week.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your indoor garden does look lush and healthy. I don't do very well with plants indoors.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

www, Sandy and Lorraine, all plants do well in this cottage May be because I keep it cool inside
(like 68 day and 62 night) and sun filters through the windows at times.
Did lose the Orchid I had for years. Have not found the perfect spot for them....

Sharon said...

Your house plants are gorgeous. Inside plants this time of year are such a treat.