Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Gift Today

Two young granddaughter's
were with me today.

Pure joy
no one can  bring love
to this grandma
like her grandchildren.

We talked
we laughed
we danced
we shared
and ate.

Words of wisdom
I heard from them
and they are so young.

They know more about the computer
then this one and hand held gadgets that
are not a part of my life. A bag of books, videos
and something cuddly brought by the youngest.

It was a good day....

9 comments:

Tabor said...

Cross generational learning. I am sure they learned something from you whether they know it or not.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Glad you had such a delightful day, that always does one's heart good.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

mermaid said...

Grandchildren, children seem to have a knack for what's really important.

So glad you enjoyed each others' company.

Judy said...

YAY!!!

lil red hen said...

Hand-held gadgets ~~ way above this old woman. Happy for your visit with the little ones.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Lorrrane, Kaveri, Jusy and Charlotte, thank you for checking in.

Sky said...

It is funny how many words uttered by my grandmother come to visit me now. Things she said 55 years ago, some which seemed odd at the time but which I clearly tucked into some corner of my mind - now these words hold meaning. My aunt and I laugh about how insightful she was, how she totally understood life even when her words at the time may have seemed unfamiliar to our own experiences and strange. Years of living now give them much meaning and make us shake our heads at how wise she was.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, thank you...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, thank you...