Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, February 7, 2014

Pleasure For This One

First pleasure

My granddaughter's in New York have called yesterday and today.
First my Sarah
and then a few minutes ago
My, Jessica
the soon to be bride.

Then a note from my youngest daughter that my youngest granddaughter is now using the word
"shaloha" for a salutation :)  Where in the world did she come up with this - always making up
different words that make me smile.   Sounds tropical...

I do believe
the spot of orange deep in the woods may be
a Scarlet Tanager
What an accomplishment
if I can get a photo...

Soon
I will walk the path deep into the woods.

I might add
the pleasure of reading "The Invention of Wings"
continues
75% finished
and will read again in the future.

11 comments:

Judy said...

Ah ha! I think your identification of the bird is correct. Nice to have those calls from the kids!!!

Wisewebwoman said...

I come here for smiles.
Am never disappointed.
I think you would enjoy Barbara Kingsolver's Flight Behavior.
About butterflies. I'm loving it.
XO
WWW

Sky said...

from the urban dictionary:

shaloha

Jewish Hawaiins use it as an acknowledgment that can be used to say hello, goodbye, or peace . a synthesis of shalom and aloha which are synonymous.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, thank you for my next book :
Sky this little one keeps me smiling :)
Judy, hope so..


Pienosole said...

:-) Happy Saturday to you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, thank you
special one
and the same to you :)
Snow covered ground this morning.

Balisha said...

Good morning Ernestine...
Snowy here this morning. A nuthatch and junco just jumped on my feeder. The colorful birds are scarce in winter around here...lucky you to have seen this bird.
Have a nice weekend.
Balisha

thewiildmagnola said...

Todays technologies do come in handy to keep up with our family and friends.

The internet gives us the ability to share not only words, we may add pictures too.

Blogging is another way to be connected.

Balisha said...

Please use old address:

http://balisha-neverenoughtime.blogspot.com/

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha and Sandy, thank you...

Sharon said...

Glad to see you recommend this book - I really enjoyed "The Secret Life of Bees" and "The Mermaid Chair" by her. I like your granddaughter's greeting.