Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, February 17, 2014

Chicken Paprikash and Never Say Never

Simmering on the stove in an old cast iron pot
on Sunday afternoon
is Chicken Paprikash and will serve over egg noodles.

The aroma is wonderful.

This one has commented many times over the years
"I do not like television and seldom watch."
It seems I have become addicted to cooking shows
over a winter that seems longer and colder  then I remember them in the past.

A chef shared that when he was growing up
his neighbor from another country had cooked this for years
and shared the recipe with him.

So easy and as usual only making half.
I used chicken breasts and 2 thighs instead of whole chicken.


A wonderful day
sun shining
and almost 50 and continues.
So muddy
and I must sow some grass seed in a few days...

Spring must be on the way....

8 comments:

Tabor said...

Another good reason to use up all that Hungarian paprika I brought back.

Pienosole said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Monday to you!

lil red hen said...

Here's my sure sign that spring is coming soon: yesterday morning, robins in the yard and three flies in the kitchen!

Have a good day!

Balisha said...

Thanks for sharing....I'll bet it smells wonderful.
Balisha

Wisewebwoman said...

I can smell it all the way over here :) M'mmmmm.

Thanks for the recipe. Reminds me of my beef bourginonne which has much the same ingredients down to the sour cream and I use a smoked paprika, hard to find but oh so tasty.

XO
WWW

thewiildmagnola said...

I've never prepared or eaten this dish. I must try soon.

Beverly said...

That looks very tasty!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Pienosole, Charlotte, Balisha, Beverly, Sandy and WWW
thank you...