Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It Has Been A long Time

Yes, a long time
since I could just sit
and read and read
so contentedly.

Last night finished Anna Quindlen's
"Still Life With Bread Crumbs"

Really liked it
and contained life, loneliness, love, loss, time past, reinventing yourself and the future.

Could relate to all of it.

Mail just arrived with a copy of
Sue Monk Kidd's
"The Invention Of Wings"


Was going to check out library
but long wait - so just ordered from Amazon...

and after I write this post
going to sit and read....

I have never thought of adding chopped avocado to egg salad
an article shared doing this.  Only difference is
using part all boiled eggs and 1/2 just the whites.
All mixed with your additive.
Going to try this as avocado's such a good buy at this time.
Be sure and make egg salad
and then fold in chopped avocado last...


Standing at the kitchen sink this morning and looking out window
I noticed something really bright orange on a tree in the woods.
I did not venture out and noticed after lunch it was gone.
If it reappears again
I will bundle up and go check the woods to see what it is.

15 comments:

Judy said...

I do love Amazon.com. I love it way too much, LOL. An Oriole wouldn't be visiting so early, would he?

Susan said...

I would have never thought of adding avocado to egg salad. I like to have some avocado with my turnover egg. Thanks for sharing.

Tabor said...

Good thing you do not have Kindle because you can get most anything in 3 minutes! I still order books, though, because I love the feel in my hands and the color of the covers, etc. I have been eating more avocado and now that I am cooking for myself this week, I may try that.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thought of a Kindle
but like the feel of a book in my hands - like you
and also like them everywhere in this cottage - they are my special friends and teacher.
Judy, do not know. But there it was. Susan, I agree but going to do it...

Laura said...

Sounds like a very good day indeed.

Balisha said...

I enjoy egg salad, but never thought about adding avocado to it. I'm wondering if they will turn black...if you don't eat it all at one sitting? I'll have to give it a try.
As for the orange in the tree...I'm stumped with that. Do you have Orioles in your area normally?
I am finding that I can't read as long as I used to. My eyes get so tired...and they are starting to feel scratchy and dry. Also...the glare of the snow is bothering them...even in the house. I wear sunglasses outside. I have an appt. with Dr, soon and will ask.
Have a nice day today...
Balisha

Wisewebwoman said...

Serendipity, my long term bff in Dublin in her daily email just started the Kidd book :)

Yes, I've married avocado and egg, hum. A bit of paprika and dried chives and mayo (real only).

Nothing like a book. I'm reading Barbara Kingsolver's latest, "flight behavior".

XO
WWW

Judi said...

I, too, have been doing a lot of reading this early, wintery, year. I finished Sue Monk Kidd and liked it and now I am starting Anne Quinlan book. Crusty bread in the oven and a trip to town after lunch. So bright and sunny but cold out today on the farm. Thnx for sharing your day.

Beverly said...

stopped by to see what you have been up to. Winter is such a nice time to catch up on reading...... Wish Memphis would get some snow for my grandchildren. All we get is cold!!!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, I keep checking to see if you have written anything new :)
WWW, made this along with potatoe
soup a little while ago,
Balisha, I make 1/2 this recipe so will have for 2 meals.
Judi and Laura, thanks for visiting..

Pienosole said...

I took a cue from you and spent nearly half the day reading (Someone by Alice McDermott). Look forward to reading Still Life with Breadcrumbs soon!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole
it is so nice
to enjoy a book
so much
you do not want to put it down :)

Hill Top Post said...

Enjoying your journal this cold evening...wondering about the orange in the tree, and thinking I might make an egg salad for tomorrow. Hope you are enjoying this time for reading... spring is coming and we will be out and about in the dirt.

kerrdelune said...

A grand place, Amazon, and it's always a rare treat to visit and browse about there. Would love to know what you think of Sue Monk Kidd's new book as I am thinking of ordering it...

Could your bird be a tanager?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate, Oh yes
Amazon
I hate to admit it
but almost like an addiction for this one - need to cure this quickly :) I will check out the bird in the woods - soon.
Mary, :) thank you always..