Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, February 3, 2014

Ice On Country Road

Yes, it has returned
and busy inside.
I want to finish reading

"Still Life With Bread Crumbs" later today. 

I read a post the other day of someone else that does this http://travelerswife.blogspot.com/
on her January 21st entry :)
Use tissue paper in a number of ways and am in process of reorganizing my closet
and put tissue between my sweaters.  So I recycle...
Don't laugh but was on the loft ironing and since iron was warm took a bag of tissue
paper saved in a big shopping bag and pressed - looks like new :)

Will continue eating soup made yesterday - white bean chili with the last of turkey frozen
after Christmas.   This extra sharp Provolone cheese when grated on top is so tasty.
I love all types of cheese and next trip to the big city need to go to "Whole Foods"  they carry
many different types of imported cheese and my favorite is Drunken Goat and have not
purchased this since last summer.
 
Thoughts keep surfacing of writing less as what I share is beginning to seem boring.
Guess it is habit and family know I am still on the planet....
 
Just heard UPS truck on gravel drive.   Driver could hardly get to cottage it is so icy.
Guess I will not be going out to the mailbox anytime soon.
 
This book just arrived and I want to do continuing research on natural products
that may ease this terrible arthritis pain.   Read an article that stated it was number one for chronic pain.
Very fortunate this was not at this level until about 5 years ago.
Have had thoughts it would go away - but do not think so.
Well aware that if this is all I have at this stage of life
I am very fortunate....
Of course
this weather sure does not help....

19 comments:

lil red hen said...

I guess we passed the ice and snow on to you from yesterday. Another and another are predicted for this week, so be prepared. :)
I feel my writings are boring to most people so they are becoming fewer each month. Not much to write about.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, I write out of habit and so children will know what I am doing. I feel the same as you like it is boring :)

Taz Mack said...

Please don't give up writing your blog. I look forward to reading it so much. What you see as the ordinary everyday things I see as a connection with a different world from mine (I live in Ireland) and an insight into what an interesting life and viewpoint you share with us. So please don't give up!

Wisewebwoman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wisewebwoman said...

I wouldn't know what to do without your writing, it never fails to inspire and delight.

I'm a bit off myself so not posting but will get back in the saddle.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, you are kind :)
TazMack, :)

Balisha said...

I'm getting worried now...I have the same book from the library and bean soup just made.
Your writing is never boring. I always wonder about mine too.
Balisha

lejmom said...

I am newly retired at 66---and just love your blog. Have been reading it for a long time. You are a wonderful observer of all things and I find your life anything but boring. Many of us would be sad if you quit writing...Please continue to grace us with your prose and pix.Sincerely, Jane

Judy said...

Don't you dare stop posting on here!!!I can picture you sitting in your chair reading, or upstairs ironing, and looking outside your windows. You teach me something every day!!! My blog too is boring--it just seems I write no "pith" anymore--just what I did and thought each day.

Hill Top Post said...

Please add me to your long list of admirers. I never miss reading your words, which as Wisewebwoman said, "never fail to inspire and delight."

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Lejmom, Mary and Judy,
You and those who just email
are too kind :)
What special friends you are
that I have never met in person :)
But you are so all so real to me...

Sallysmom said...

Oh, please don't stop writing. I look forward to reading your thoughts.

Nancy said...

I also enjoy starting my day with your thoughts. Reading blogs can be addictive so I am selective. Your blog is one of those I must check daily. I feel like you are helping to guide me down the path of aging.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Our blog is our own. We can post whatever we feel like posting. No need to worry about whether our writing or sharing, is not "world shaking."

Our blog is a bit like a Journal, though not really a personal one. But we can go back and re-read posts, and remember how we were, that day, etc.

So, again, my message is always, we blog what we feel like. Always! :-)

Tessa~

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Re: terrible arthritis pain...

I have some. Luckily, not much. But when I had to be on Predisone, for severe bronchitis... All my aches and pains disappeared.

Due to Predisone eliminating all inflammation in my body.

I was also trying to eliminate sugar, and all but real organic foods from my diet. Eliminate those foods, which are supposed to add to inflammation.

Predisone can not be used for long. And sad to say, I could not eliminate all those "bad" foods, and aches and pains returned. But as I said, luckily, not debilitating.

Have you ever discussed reduction of inflammation, with your doctor? Some will listen, some will not.

Tessa~

Lonely Rivers said...

Never boring. You are my morning meditation.

MsGraysea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MsGraysea said...

Oh, I do love your writing so! Please do give us a review of the books you are reading, especially the one about chronic pain. Glad you are staying in as the ice is treacherous. Same here this morning. I am back to work this week after 6 weeks out. Still coughing but much better.
No computer at home - waiting on a new one.
Your soup looks so good and I am going to look for "Drunken Goat" cheese as it sounds most intriguing.
I love the idea of ironing the tissue paper, too. I use it for so many things, too.
Happy warm thoughts to you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh yes Tessa
very familar with prednisone
and could write a book about it.
At moment coming down slowly
after being on for quite a while.
Marcia, sallysmom, LR and Nancy
thank you...