Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Morning, Afternoon and Another Day is Over

Beginning dawn and the sun is brightly shining through the trees.
Day is beginning
Predicted is a warm day, almost 60 and then cold returning tomorrow.
 
Unplanned but want to take a couple of small gifts to my granddaughter's
and also can see the youngest at her gymnastic lesson this morning.
Soon I am on the road and was so pleased I made the effort to drive to the big city.
With cane sitting on seat beside me and still cannot get use to
this purse that hangs on opposite shoulder as cane in other hand.
 
Not taking time to edit images or what I share
Day has ended and grandma is very weary.
Oh, they are growing up too fast
I look at my children and think of them being 20 years younger then they are.
I wonder is this normal
but then I am now old
and maybe that is the way
you think at this time of life.
Time is going by too fast
every day begins and ends
and still much I have not done.
Anything that needs to be taken care of
needs to be done.
This one needs to slow down and not
be thinking all the time.
 
Love this image from the circus last week.
 

12 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love love the pictures you took today! Thank you so much for driving out. Love you...

Judy said...

So nice that you could go and see the grand girls!!! Whenever my kids have a birthday, I ponder and can see them as they were when they were born. We never lose the images of the stages our children go through.

Kay said...

My daughter in Chicago would be envious of your 60. These are such sweet photos!

Sky said...

you look fabulous! i am so glad to read you went to the city and spent time with your grandchildren. i know it must have been fun for them to see you there.

Pienosole said...

Great beauty and joy in your photos. What a fun day :-).
Wishing you an equally joyful Sunday.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Your photos are lovely, and don't need to be edited.

Your grands are beautiful, and so are you. Thank you for sharing this delightful day with us....

And yes my Dear, I think we need to slow down a bit. Not be concerned about "doing," as much as we might have been, when younger. Quiet our racing mind.

I actually embrace the slowing down of age, but that's me....... Not for all. We each handle everything, in our own way.

Gentle hugs,
Tessa~

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post, filled with love and family. Love the photo of you and the gkids. I'm glad you went out of your comfort zone to be with those who mean so much to you.

Have a nice week Ernestine ~ FlowerLady

Wisewebwoman said...

Love the pics, how wonderful you went to visit. Very empowering for your grands to see that.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jamie, Judy, Kay, Pienosole,
Sky, Tessa, Lorraine and WWW,
thanks for visiting.
So pleased I made myself drive to the big city because next day
roads too bad...

thewiildmagnola said...

A fine sharing of family and good thing!

I always enjoy your pictures.

Time is flying by, you are not mistaken.

Val said...

How great that you got out--and before the roads got bad. What a beautiful family you have.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy and Val, thank you once again for visiting
the woods :)