Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, February 28, 2014

My Truck and Today....


Someone recently commented on this post that was written in October of 2013.

I pulled it up and the image reminds me that soon my surroundings will look
something similar.

I am taking
hopefully what will be a short break.
Seems some health issues
are not continuing to improve.

Just wanted to check in and say thank you
for emails received
wondering - where am "I".







Early morning service for old truck
which is now 15 years old and hey that is not old old.
I love this truck and it was purchased after I sold old farm house,
moved into a condo for a few months and then decided to build again on my property.
So excited as I planned and sketched this home.

Remembering all that happened concerning this truck.
I could not make a trip to the big city and look at truck but knew
exactly what I wanted.  Also had a  discount because of family
member working at Ford.   Made a call and talked to a salesman, told
him exactly what I wanted, I could not drive to Nashville and did he have any suggestions.
A taupe colored medium Ford Ranger, roll up windows, air conditioning and nothing extra
but a radio.  He told me they had something available at a special price and he
would bring it to me with the papers if I decided to purchase.  Was hard to believe
what I was hearing.

So excited as they pulled into the condo drive as it was just what I wanted.
He also brought someone with him in another car to witness sale and drive
him back to Nashville.    In a matter of minutes this truck was purchased.

After I moved from this country home into the big city - my son suggested I did
not need a truck along with my car and he purchased to use in his business.
Business was closed down 5 years ago and I bought my special truck back from him
as I prepared to return to the country.

Serviced this morning and brakes will have to be replaced and that is fine.  It would not
have the many miles on it that it possesses if it had not been used as a company vehicle.
and since returning to the country
just wish I had a shelter for this vehicle and thoughts of a carport but as life is
at the moment do not need more additions here and the cost.   All of my scattered
neighbors keep their vehicles outside even though they have garages.   Always wonder
about this :)   they must be filled with stuff....

I have thoughts as Fall continues and Winter sets in if I will regain the energy that
I possessed a year ago .   The last 10 days doing well, good appetite, sleeping like I am exhausted 
(and that is different and guess body is still healing)  except for balance problem and I love this cane. Hopefully my energy  will return by Spring but will except wherever I am 
weary of talking about it, family tired of hearing it and always say "you look good",  do not agree with
their statement, and tired of being angry with energy level.

My optimism and will is strong and may it remain like this.

Another issue is my new television, which I did not want but son thought I would enjoy
with Winter around the corner ( will have to say that yesterday enjoyed PBS and for the
first time in many years I watched 60 Minutes).

Problem
seems no one can properly connect DVD player.   Hopefully soon....
or may have to wait until Thanksgiving
when special son-in law comes for dinner....

20 comments:

Tabor said...

Changes are good for you. PBS has some great shows both fiction and non-fiction. I am addicted to that channel when my eyes are too tired to read.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, have to say I enjoyed the shows on Sunday afternoon.
Will be good when Winter sets in and for some reason I believe it will be super cold.
Your comments always please me...
Yes, changes are good
but not changes in energy :)

Judy said...

PBS is great!! You may become a Downton Abbey addict like some of us. It is a wonderful story. PBS, Sunday nights at 9:00 EST--starts aqain in January. Yes--you must get the DVD working so you can watch movies. I too am dreading the closed in days of winter. I really love winter and the snow and all--just dread the house closed up and no outside work to keep me busy.

Sky said...

if your TV is on cable, someone there may be able to connect dvr for you. they helped a neighbor here and my aunt in GA, too, both free of charge. a tv repairman can also do it.

have you been tested recently for other autoimmune disease processes besides sjogren's? i read an article about balance and exhaustion being symptomatic of another. sjogren's often accompanies other autoimmune processes and does not always remain the primary issue, as you may know. hope the winter rest will restore you. hugssss.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am not a winter person, so I always wish that fall would pass by a lot slower. I have been enjoying two different series on PBS. One is Paradise and the other is Last Tango in Halifax. I missed the beginning of Downton Abbey, so I never got started watching it. It seems that most regular network TV grates on my nerves lately.

You often write about the tasty, healthy food that you have made. It always sounds, and from your pics, looks so good. I am certain that your healthy meals will help you regain your strength.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I like your truck and am glad that it has been good to you.

I am driving my husband's van and love it. I can throw anything into it. 4x8 sheets of paneling fit nicely inside. (I miss having my dear husband though.)

I don't watch TV. We did not have cable, and the only show we were watching was Survivor. I do watch movies and other shows on you-tube. I'm thinking of getting that Roku streaming player that hooks up to the TV, that way I can sit in my comfortable chair, put up my feet, grab my crocheting and watch something in the evenings.

You inspire me dear Ernestine with your positive attitude.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

Sallysmom said...

It's nice to have family members who can do that techy type stuff for us (like hooking up DVD players). Take it easy and have a good week.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Susie, Lorraine, Sallysmom,
thanks for visiting.
Sky, do not have cable - an antenna on a cottage in the country :)

kerrdelune said...

Ah...... PBS, mysteries, documentaries and a concert now and again - it's my favorite station. I curl up on the sofa downstairs under my afghan with a cup of tea, and PBS is a fine companion.

Wisewebwoman said...

I am still proudly teevee-less but get the DVDs of such good shows like Homeland and Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy, etc. And knit while I watch them in front of the fire. You would be so welcome here Ernestine!

Love your truck!

And yes, we have to listen to our own voices.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate and WWW - thank you for visiting and your words :)

Anonymous said...

Ernestine, We have nearly twin trucks! Mine is red, a little Ranger, a '98, and I have been driving it for all of its life! I now have 287,000 miles on it and hope it will keep going and going. I'm glad you are using the cane, that it is your friend, and hope that spring will come with your energy restored!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ellen, I am reading all of your comments. Thank you and you do not realize the connection I feel with you...

Unknown said...

Wow! You have so many fond memories of that truck! No wonder it was tough for you to let it go, and no wonder it has served you well all these years. Hope the winter has been kind to you as well. Spring is nearly here.

Frank Smith

Lonely Rivers said...

Missing you! Hoping you are feeling better and will be back soon.

Beverly said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Pienosole said...

Sending you well wishes and hoping you're feeling much better very soon!

Balisha said...

Miss reading your posts...Take care, Balisha

Unknown said...

Your truck is 15 years old? That’s quite a feat. While it's not impossible to achieve with proper maintenance, it's still amazing. How is it, btw? I hope the replacement has been done properly, so you can continue to enjoy its company.

David Woodall @ Capitol Hill Exxon

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My truck is like new.
Would have less miles if my son had not used for a few years.
Love thi truck :)