Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Looking

Blustery winds before the storm predicted for tonight.
Ground is so wet and seems like I am walking on a sponge.
Several days of warmer weather
and this one is outside looking for signs of Spring.
Just anything "green."

Robins and Blue Birds continually viewed.
Lilac bush and cannot tell if these are new or old buds :)
Look what I found in the garage and now sitting in my kitchen.

In between my restlessness and craving Spring, this book continues to be enjoyable
"about scientific, financial, and psychological intricacies of climate change - with
breathtakingly beautiful butterflies at the center of all of this" words in part from
the Washington Post...

10 comments:

lejmom said...

I saw your book in the picture The Kitchen House---I read it last year and LOVED it! Learned a lot. Will be wondering if you like it as well! Jane

lejmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hill Top Post said...

I think spring is coming to your woods sooner than it is coming to ours. The rains have been passing us by, so Mother Earth needs a drink of water before spring can really happen here.

Judy said...

Snow, then freezing rain, then a heavy downpour with thunder and now 40-50 mph wind gusts and next week--the Polar Vortex is returning. This has really been an unusual winter.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

lejmom, Mary and Judy, really bad storms last night - no phone :(

Balisha said...

Oh....just look at that robin. I could do with a couple of robins in my yard right about now. What a wonderful surprise...hyacinths in your garage...enjoy their delightful fragrance.
Balisha

MsGraysea said...

So happy you are enjoying the Barbara Kingsolver book, she is among my favorite authors.
I heard that snow drops have been spotted around but I have seen none yet. We still have a lot of snow but today's been very foggy and that should eat up some of it up. How nice that you have bluebirds!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha and Marcia - still looking :)

thewiildmagnola said...

I loved this post....wonderful pictures...green peeps, and a single robin.

Wisewebwoman said...

As you know, I loved that book Ernestine. I am reading another unputdownable that you might love as much as I do. "The Book Thief". It is magical.

Love the birds :)

XO
WWW