Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, November 27, 2010

White Bean Chili

Just in case you might be trying to think of something else to do with the left over turkey.

Maybe your turkey was not as good as usual - like mine. But in this chili - it was good!

I have made this white bean chili for several years. I always 1/2 the recipe and it is enough for One Woman to have about 3 times.

Took all the meat off the turkey breast, chopped, and simmered the breast bone for stock. This makes it tastier then using chicken broth - my thoughts

1 onion - saute in some olive oil

Chopped garlic

1 tbs cumin

add to --

2 cans of well rinsed white beans (or dry that you have cooked) that have been simmering in
4 cups of my turkey stock - or use chicken broth
1 small can of chilies
1 cup of corn kernels
2 cups of chopped turkey - or chicken ---- I used more

You can add a handful of chopped Cilantro ----I did not have

Simmer about 10 minutes --- and enjoy ---- I did :)

Garnish with monterey jack cheese

8 comments:

Beverly said...

How yummy to me...I have made it once and don't know why I don't do it again!
Enjoying this cold weather?

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love white bean chili! I thought everything was delicious. Leftovers are good but I get tired of the holiday food pretty quickly.

Tabor said...

Got lazy today and made a pasta casserole with shitake mushrooms and sliced fennel and chopped onion. Sauted the last three in olive oil before adding the turkey, some turkey gravy and then pouring all over already cooked pasta. It came out pretty good. My turkey was over cooked but this brand must have been well marinated, because it tasted pretty good.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor - I could hardly move yesterday or part of today. I have a dry mouth and food does not taste as good. Children said everything was great :) Your simple meal sounds great to me.
Beverly and My Jamie - thanks for visiting.

the wild magnolia said...

This recipe sounds delicious and simple!

Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Oh boy, do I ever have chopped turkey for this, which I will do tonight. You needed to jog me into action and now I'm jogged.

I know what you mean about just now getting back to normal. It takes awhile!

Sending love,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra and Sharon, thanks for visiting. I send you special blessings from the woods this evening.

Sky said...

yummmmm!