Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tuesday Poem

The Universe Knows My Name

Where I am at this point
there is not perfection
there is grace
and opportunity to grow out from my old self
pain and disappointment
chip away the rough
unforgiving parts of my
character, those traits that
have held me back for so long

A fresh calm breeze
brushes cobwebs from my spirit
the door to tomorrow is thrown
wide open, and the warm sun
shines, and my pathway is
more clear then ever before

I do not preach there will be
no pain or sorrow
rather a new found ability
to accept certain parts of
life with grace surely not my own

The universe knows
my name
in the middle of this life, I can
say, I am happy

Sandra M. Hagan 11/13/2010


When I read this poem, it pierced my heart. I guess if I had the talent to write such a wonder - the only change would be "in the last part of my journey" not the middle of my life.

I am so pleased I found Sandra at The Wild Magnolia and her heartfelt poems.

7 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

Ernestine,

Thank you for sharing my poem and for the kind words!

I like your suggestion, "in the last part of my life." When I was writing this poem, I almost wrote, smack dab in the middle of my life, as in right now, this moment.

Your writing is beautiful and I love the photographs that give a visual impact of your life.

Comfortable sharing of a persons life is what reaches into the heart. Knowing someone else cares and that you are not alone is compelling!

I am pleased to know you too!

sandi

the wild magnolia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Freda said...

I'm with you about my last line too. I seem to have come to a stage in life where at long last I can let go and enjoy each day as it comes.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WM and Freda - thank you for visiting me. It is raining in the woods.

Tabor said...

What a perfect poem. It does speak to the heart of those of us who are shedding our old ways and settling into elderhood.

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing.

One Woman, the poetry of your life is beautiful, too.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor and Sharon - thanks for visiting me :) Have a good day.