Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Early Morning and Strawberry Pie

The last several days the grass surrounding this cottage has grown so high.
Lots of rain and sun made it unusually high.
But then on second thought guess this is the way it always is in the Spring
in another month when the heat sets in it will not grow as rapidly.
I keep having thought of snakes, poison ivy and soon ticks if they are not
out there already.

Boy who brings his big mower
told me it would be Monday before he could come and cut the grass.
How wonderful he came yesterday evening and as I sat on my front
porch in sun I smiled.
Everything looked the way I like it to look
Amazing  how 2 hours of cutting with a big mower and using a weed eater
can make me feel so good and relaxed.

I have tried to be content with  a  more natural look but guess I like some grooming
here by the woods.  Also my Woodhaven sign needed help. On  one side the nail had come out and
I had him fix that problem.   Was not comfortable standing on something, holding the
heavy board up and using a hammer.    Now in the past this would not have
phased me...

For years  would be cutting grass almost daily for a short while but at this time
cannot put the mower in gear and Sjogren's not as much energy has arrived.
My plan is when someone pulls down the long gravel drive I will have them put my mower
in gear and I can do a little less of something I enjoy - cutting grass and keeping some of
the paths in the woods clear..

45 degrees this early morning
a good time to put these  in the freezer.
Also never made strawberry bread yesterday
as I planned and will do it today.
Seems the day just got away from me
as I began to deadhead some plants
 hoe in garden and write several posts for the future.

Early morning pie
will be good
covered with whipped cream
Becky, thank you for these beautiful strawberries.
You are a good girl..

New over night blooms.

5 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

you have a particularly keen eye for photography.

strawberry pie and whipped cream. oo la la, makes my mouth water.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That pie looks delicious! I need to find someone to do a few things for me, that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Nan said...

My mouth is watering looking at those strawberries. My favorite. And how nice that your grass is all mowed. You are smart to not try and do things that could hurt you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy, :)
Lorraine, lately need a little help with things I have always enjoyed doing - but then I have 10 years on you :)
Nan, thank you for visiting...

Judy said...

Had to cover my plants last night--it was below freezing and tonight--just in case, but suppose to be 40. Weird weather. Those berries look luscious!!!