Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Special Days





It looks as though Spring has officially arrived at Woodhaven and the surrounding woods.
Beautiful weather
the many plants transplanted
are emerging.
Seeds are sprouting and my
little garden is thriving.
Grass cut and trimmed for the first time by helper. This will be done once a month and in between I will cut surrounding my cottage.
Cushions for screen porch have been put out.
My dearest friend had several baskets of flowers for the terrace.
My youngest daughter finally made it home from a business trip to Seattle. Found herself in Denver overnight. My little granddaughters were so pleased to have their mama home. Daddy spent some special time with them.
My daughter Beth spent the afternoon with me. Without even searching found 2 four leaf clovers. Reminded me of my mother who could spot a dozen in a few minutes.
She brought me a beautiful candle to put on the nightstand beside my bed.
Tomorrow my daughter Laurie from Tampa and granddaughter Jessica from New York arrive.
I will enjoy this special time with them.
So good to have famiy visit.
It has been weeks since I drove to the big city and they will be bringing my Tuscany bread.
Making Cauliflower/white bean soup, spinach salad and Lemon Ice Box Pie to have on hand when they arrive. Bowl filled with apples, bananas, mango's to add to yogurt for breakfast. Two local eating places will receive a visit. First time ever that I have not cooked big time. At the moment not up to it.
Shingles have finally run their course. The itching has been replaced by an aching back.
This has been a 4 week adventure with this visitor.

10 comments:

Judy said...

Enjoy your girls!!!

Ugich Konitari said...

Some stars
grace your bowls
with their
edible color;

Some celebrate
their arrival
with fashionable
blooming poses
in earthen pots
in your garden
after a tough winter
tangling with snow;

But the real stars
are those
homing in
to see Grandma,
and
enjoying their outing
on the banks of the lake,
trying to be
the latest flowers
in her wonderful life...

Sky said...

Your photos are vibrant and beautiful. Your spring makes me envious. Ours is poking around and teasing us. ;) Hope you have a fabulous time with your family. Very glad to hear you are feeling better!

Sky said...

Wish Jamie had called while she was here. We could have taken her out for dinner!

Tabor said...

Visiting family will restore your soul and they do not expect you to cook big meals. Just fresh and healthy food is needed.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, thanks for visiting
Sky, it was a fast business trip but thank you
Tabor, :)
Ugich, as always thank you for these special words.
No computer time for a few days...

Lonely Rivers said...

I wonder if Jamie was here for our twenty two minutes of sunshine.

mermaid said...

The colors in your life (the woods, family, your spirit) are meant to shine. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Laura said...

I'm glad the shingles are starting to finally part company with you. They can be so miserable. How wonderful to have your family around and your home and garden all "springy" again.

don't over do, continue to allow others to help when they offer, or to ask when they don't...it is as much a gift to the giver as the receiver...helping warms hearts in both directions:-)

MsGraysea said...

I'm so happy to hear you are over the worst of the shingles. I do believe rest is still a good thing and it sounds like you are doing so. Such lovely photos. The butterfly on the lilacs is beautiful.
Enjoy your company.....so nice seeing everything so green there. We await green for several more months!