Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Simple Life


Real life lived in the past week
Special visitors
lunch at local favorite
Gift of Tuscany bread and red umbrella

Grandson so fortunate for summer work
internship in New York

Consultation with new doctor in near town
will make it much easier then driving miles
Shingles gone but left a gift of pain in
sciatic nerve. Received shot for this
Hope it is a short visit..

Garden is flourishing
Woods are filled with Trillium's and May Apples
Iris beginning to open
Roses filled with buds and soon to open
Lilacs planted a year ago are beautiful
Hummingbirds making their visits
Turkeys are venturing close to cottage
Wildlife and birds are becoming so use to me
and many times do not leave - just look at me

Received gift from a dear online friend
the song "Earth Mother" sent from Amazon
Did not realize you could send a song to someone
Touched my heart deeply
Thank you Kaveri....

Early this morning, little girls soccer practice
it is cold - in the 50's

Next Sunday - family that is near will
gather for lunch in the woods. Hoping for
a pretty day - kites in order for little girls

Dropped cell phone in toilet
revived it with sun and hair dryer

A cool morning in the woods

7 comments:

Judy said...

Perhaps you could push a little of your spring weather up this way? I so long for the tulips and daffodils to bloom. I have a little woodland garden under a tree--Trilliums, May Apples, Violets. Adder Tongues and a few Jack-In-The-Pulpit spirited out of my woods by my old home and replanted. They seem to like it here.

Tabor said...

You are about a week or more ahead of me. No rose buds and no buds on the iris. But I am patient...I can wait because their is no more snow!

the wild magnolia said...

Your life is busy, you have goals and direction, so you will arrive at your destinations.

Gorgeous photo!

Blessings.

Darlene said...

Your photos are so good. I love your header.

mermaid said...

Simple life, yet so colorful and filled with love. You are welcome Ernestine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Tabor, Sandra, Darlene and Kaveri - thank you for visiting..

Simple Life Journey said...

I am on the journey as well. Great minds think alike. :)