Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Wonderful Family Day

Day started in the early 30's.
and progressed to sunny and 70.
So good to have most of family surrounding me.

Grill burning and soninlaw cooked turkey burgers,
mom has a friend who from her big garden every year
fills freezers and I had silver queen corn cut off of the cob
and blue lake green beans from her freezer - so good.
Early morning deviled eggs were prepared, on hand some
pickled beets, sweet tea,  many side dishes and ended with a wonderful chocolate cake
with ice cream.
Fire pit burning and day could not be any more beautiful.


So one car has pulled out
soninlaw sleeping on deck
girls by fire pit.
Jamie and Jimmy talking inside
and mom is content
happy and tired....

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Go glad you had a wonderful day with family. I love the photos.

Have a good week dear Ernestine ~ FlowerLady

Pienosole said...

Smiling as I look at these happy faces. Wishing you many more smiles today and this week. :-)

Sandra said...

There's nothing like family to make our hearts glow and to realize how lucky we are!

Rebecca said...

One photo is worth 1,000 words :)
Your new header is like reading a good novel.

Sallysmom said...

Your day sounds wonderful.

lil red hen said...

So glad you got to spend the day with family. My family was with us yesterday since we didn't get to have a special day on Easter Sunday; also my birthday is this week. The grandson reminded me I'll be 3/4 of a century. :(