Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Saturday

Home from market
with ingredients for new recipe
from Mennonite Girls Can Cook
Asian Cole Slaw....
New at the market
and hopefully is good and will be a welcome addition
in my freezer
to add to broth, soup or whatever..
Was having difficulty putting gas in car
and an angel appeared
seems this is quite often lately...

A beautiful sunny day
yard help
did not arrive
but that is alright
will happen at the right time.

My day has ended
as it began at 4:30
except for cooking.

Seems
this one still gets up very early
and stops everything
by 5:00....

5 comments:

Laura said...

I used to wake very early and end early too. Now I am able to sleep in (medicine helps), still I generally need to be upstairs before 6pm or my legs don't want to do the climb.

I think of you often Ernestine, wishing you sunny days and joy.

Sandra said...

Early mornings are the best! I have always been an early bird and wouldn't want it any other way. Your meal looks so tasty!

Pienosole said...

Yes, early morning is a very beautiful time, and now the sun is rising earlier and earlier as we move toward the summer solstice. I love this time of year, anticipating more and more light in each day. Wishing you a joyful Sunday! :-)

Marcie said...

Have a beautiful day, Ernestine. I am usually up with the sun and down with the sun, at this time. I think it would be nice to settle in a bit earlier and just enjoy the quiet. I am often too busy for that, and time goes racing by! I like reading about your days.

Tabor said...

That header photo of your granddaughter by the riverside is just beautiful and worth having a good sized print made for somewhere in your house. Angels are everywhere and the nice thing is that they LIKE being helpful. It does make their day. I usually get up early but seems my spring allergies are messing with my sleep time.