Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Don't Laugh

Someone told me about these gloves.
Looked up on Amazon and ordered a pair.
Small size arrived and
snug but could be a little tighter.

On the nights that my hands ache with arthritis
I will put them on.
If they do not help
they can be used for gardening or warmth in the winter.

Also use Arnica Gel which is excellent
but in recent conversation with my local pharmacist
I asked if there was anything else he would recommend?
He said that a lot of customers shared they liked
"Amish Origins" so ordered that also...

Arthritis pain has arrived, staying
and pleased to find anything over the counter
that helps to relieve pain.

Will add like in the past, my youngest granddaughter
tells me "grandma it could be worse."
I agree...

Computer problem of continually going offline and card in dormant
hopefully will be solved soon with a new Sim card being sent to me.

My computer and I are close friends
and not pleasant to have problems...

11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

If those gloves keep your hands from clenching and curling during the night, that is, apparently, a good thing.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Anvilcloud, hands do not clench or curl - they just ache :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Glad the gloves are giving you some relief. I too, use Arnica gel. My right hand is the one that is stiff and aches at times.

I bookmarked the Amish Origins page.

Have a good day today dear Ernestine ~ Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

I am beginning to get that cramping in the hands, especially if it is cold in the mornings. My symptoms are mild, but those gloves look like they might help. I hope they do because it is hard to sleep with pain!

lil red hen said...

I don't think any of us, at our age, will laugh. My hands went through a painful spell, then once the knots came on my fingers, the pain lessened. Now it's the muscles in my legs that hurt at night. I wonder, do they make gloves for legs? lol

Judy said...

Who's laughing? Not me! Computer problems were too, but now solved (i hope)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lorraine, Tabor, Charlotte, Judy,
thanks for visiting. My hands just ache at night and tops turn red (inflammation) thankfully no knots. I can remember my mother had to stop sewing in her late seventies - knots formed.

Balisha said...

I don't have knots either. I have flare ups of arthritis. I can go days without pain and then get hit with pain in different spots. Maybe hands, ankles, knees, shoulders...I never know when I will get a flare.
I like these gloves...I'm going to get some. Even just to keep my hands warm this winter.
My neighbor used Arnica. She swore by it. Her hands were so knobby and sore. I always said that I hoped I could go through my life with no pain in my hands. As an artist...I felt my hands were so important...and they are for everything. Thanks for the post about this.
Balisha

Wisewebwoman said...

I was shocked when my left middle finger developed arthritis, I don't know why I think I'm immune from such things :(

I've made a note of what you suggest and thank you!

XO
WWW

Sharon said...

I'm taking notes, too. Thank you for the suggestions for future reference. Hope your computer is back to 100% soon.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, WWW and Sharon,
I do not like sharing all of this
about a condition that has arrived. I am in constant pain
sometimes lower and last night
maybe - heat and humidity horrible. Doing all I know and the only thing that totally takes it away is Prednsone. It comes with many side affects but takes the pain away. So onward with exercise, meditation and keep searching for a solution.
Doctor is saying accept and I am not accepting as of yet...