Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Already

Yes, already
it is the middle of July.
Fall you really are not far away...

Many blooms have come and gone
and daylillies are just about through
with their showing.  Always pleased
that my special pictures are available
to me anytime - so I can remember.

May and June are the best time of
the year for my garden.  A friend called
last night and said I am still coming to
see your flowers.  Too late was my reply
visit next Spring.

Grass has continually needed cutting because of the frequent rain
surely it will soon not have to be cut as often.
Often my original plan comes to mind on first returning to this country land.
Meadow like grass as you approached my cottage with just a clearing and
gardens surrounding it.   Somehow I immediately kept clearing and keeping groomed.

The thought surfaces, can I still do this?  
The original plan would be better for my energy level
as time goes by.
Very aware that it keeps a lot of critters and wildlife a little further from
my dwelling.

Turnip green seeds are on my shopping list.
They need to be on hand for next months
planting.

This year has gone by so fast and soon school
will begin for my two youngest granddaughter's.
August is so hot and in my mind not a good time to begin school.
School years in Michigan where I grew up always began
in September when the weather began to get a little cooler.

Enough mind wandering
and time to turn my connection with the world
off.....






6 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Pictures mean so much to me as I know they do to you. Holding them and remembering - sweet memories!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I'm sure your gardens are still lovely even though so much color may be missing now that summer is here.

Pictures encourage and inspire us, they are captured memories.

Love and hugs to you ~ FlowerLady

P.S. ~ I liked your statement "time to turn my connection with the world off".

It's what I need to do more of, in order to accomplish things I wish to do.

the wild magnolia said...

Aging is definitely challenging. Even though your little corner of the world is small, compared to some, I can realize the amount of work involved.

I had a big disappointment week before last. Aye! Haven't shook it off as of yet, but know I will pass it by soon.

Health. It is what it is for us oldies but goodies, isn't it.

As I've said before, you do a good job with life Ernestine.

Wishing you a good week.

the wild magnolia said...

I went back and read a few of your back posts.

Mister bought me a set of Lodge skillets from Walmart. They won't be cured. I wash, oil, and bake, and they still are awful????

Beautiful flowers.

lil red hen said...

It's always so good to read your words and know how much you love your home and surroundings.

Yes, fall will soon be here. The sun is gradually coming back into the south windows, and by Christmas will be half way into the room. I find this so interesting, to know how the earth moves and tilts, always the same, year after year, dry or wet :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sallysmom, Lorraine, Sandy and Charolotte, :)