Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Recipe - Banana Pudding

As requested....

Sprayed medium size Pyrex dish
Vanilla wafers on bottom and side

For my pudding I used 2 large bananas

Preheat oven to 350

Combine
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup flour
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks beaten - whites in another bowl for meringue ( I used 3 eggs to have a richer pudding and
                                                                                               more egg whites for higher meringue)  add 1 tsp vanilla

Mix
put in pan and
 over medium heat
continually stir until thickened
then add 1 tbs butter

In prepared Pyrex dish
slice bananas over the wafers
pour part of this pudding mixture
over sliced bananas and wafers
slice more bananas over this pudding mixture
can add more wafers
end with pudding mix

Beat egg whites until soft peaks form
gradually add 1/4 cup of sugar
and vanilla
continue beating until stiffer peaks form
Spoon on top of pudding and place in

350 degree preheated oven
until nicely browned

Hope this makes sense
I usually do not follow recipes
perfectly....

4 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

this looks wonderful. I'm sure it could be adapted to some type of sugar-free version with diabetic wafers, etc.

Thanks!

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Wisewebwoman, thank you - I can go with the sugar :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for the recipe.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Sharon said...

I finally had all the ingredients in the house at the same time and made this dessert yesterday. I didn't add the meringue because I wanted to put it right into the fridge to cool. Sweet and creamy and delicious.