Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, October 19, 2012

Developing A Kind Nature

I read a post this morning and
did not plan on writing
but soon memories began to surface.
Seems the fingers on the keyboard
begin to fly.....

Family barriers are sad and I am so aware of  them in all sides of family
in generations past and present.
 So deeply aware of my own failures.
Thankful and hopeful my failures in the past have been resolved
 as much as
I have been able to do.

Some existed and continue because of parents sharing
with their children
and this may go on from generation to generation.
It is truly not a child's choice
but only exist from words and influence from another.
This has always burdened my heart.

As we age and hopefully grow in wisdom
we become aware of this and this fact helps resolve the issue in our heart.

Seeing it continue at times and doing all one can do,
helps at times
and then it sometimes truly burdens the heart.

~~~A person disposed of unkindness
will more easily erupt in these traits  anew
at any provocation.  But in a moment of
kindness a kindly disposition is deposited~~

Words I read and changed some.
from an article
by Andrew Olendzki

7 comments:

Elsa Louise said...

Sometimes it seems the one person in our lives who is most in need of forgiving is ourself.

Have a peaceful weekend.

the wild magnolia said...

Kindness is my favorite. Kindness is most important to me.

Thank you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Elsa Louise and Sandy,
All is well - when I read something this morning a lot of thoughts surfaced.
I have an active mind :)

mel said...

Yes. I know this.

I think my sister is not a kind person. I know it is ironic that I am judgmental of someone I believe is too judgmental.

But still.

It is hard to let go of history.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Mel, once we are aware it is the beginning of fighting a bad habit --good luck - you can do it...

Sharon said...

My husband and I moved 600 miles away to start our family "fresh" and away from the problems in both of our families. We stayed in contact and visited, trying hard not to sway our children in their views. It worked. Our children had relationships with their relatives and were able to come to their own conclusions. They are proud of our family in Maine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon, I think family relationships are one of the most difficult to keep smooth...