Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, June 25, 2012

Warm Summer Morning

Grass has stopped growing
soon many plants will stop blooming
in this almost 100 degree southern weather.
I do know it is cooler here by the woods
then in the middle of the city.

So pleased that is now a memory and
not reality....

Shorter day's are arriving and so welcome
Do not like it when it the sun is still shining at 8:00 pm.
Especially since I have been up since 4:30.

Sometimes I am asked "why do you get up so early?"
I love the morning that is my most productive time,
especially at this time of year when you like to
be in the garden.  Most enjoyable and coolest is
between 5:30 and 8.  Family knows that is where to find
me watering plants and clippers in hand.

9 comments:

Balisha said...

What a pretty scene. Your work shows in your lovely garden.I can see several birds who appreciate you too.
I am another who doesn't like the sun shining at 8pm. I love the cozy feeling of fall and winter, when the world is tucked in after supper. My day starts early too.
Have a nice day...and keep cool.
Balisha

Lynn said...

Serenity oozes from your lifestyle. You are so good at capturing your day and holding up like a beacon for the rest of us.

the wild magnolia said...

there you are!

seeing the corn rows, it is easy to see why you love them

i have done a rain. i'm not kidding. i have prayed too.

beautiful pictures.

((hugs))

Sky said...

for those like us whose lives are still affected by work schedules, daylight until 9 pm is a sheer delight. we will miss these longer days terribly when summer waves goodbye. it is very sad to have no daylight in your life at all which is what happens to my husband in winter. he wakes in the dark, leaves for work in the dark, works inside all day in his office, and returns home in the dark. this goes on for months. the longer days where he actually sees the light, his skin can absorb natural vitamin D, and we can have some a life beyond darkness is so celebrated.

i love the photos! i did not realize how close the cornfield is until i saw it in perspective. here's hoping you guys get some drenching rain and that the temps drop a little. family and friends in GA have complained as well. i'm hoping my sis is getting a little rain from the FL gulf by now.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Lynn, Sandy and Sky, thanks for visiting. Hopefull rain arrives and this temperature cools.
Sky, I wanted the least grass to cut so crop field is 35 or 40 feet from my front door :)

Anonymous said...

I'm an early riser,too. It's around 5:00 and I've been up for a half hour. I'm much more productive in the morning.

I like the milder temps of fall and I enjoy winter, but summer is too hot for me. We're expecting 104 temps later this week. Inhuman.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

culdesaccronicles, thanks for visiting. Do you live in my area ?

Sky said...

oops - ^^^grammatical mistake above in my comment. excuse me, please! ;D

"the longer days...ARE so celebrated!"

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, :)