Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, June 15, 2012

Tobacco Fields and Memories

Driving down my country road
the other morning
I could not resist stopping
and taking an image of tobacco
that has been planted.

Remember seeing it being planted
about 2 weeks ago.  You could hardly
see the plants.
With 2 nice showers in the past
few days it has grown rapidly.

This is a huge business in my county
and in the Fall after plants are pulled up
they are put on sticks and hung in barns.
As I type away there are
memories of  early Fall mornings when I am
on the road
 seeing the smoke coming out of
the barns, a mist filling the air
and that special smell
the reminds me it is Fall.

From across the ocean
Always special words of wisdom to his mom....

"Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured"
"The highest point of yesterday should be the lowest point of today"

4 comments:

Balisha said...

Those words from your son are a perfect description of what yoga should be. I really enjoyed seeing the tobacco and the barn. We don't have that here in my part of Illinois. Does it smell like burning tobacco, when the smoke comes out of the barns?
Have a nice weekend.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, difficult to describe the smell. Really rich and I love it.
Most people do and it makes everyone think of Fall and winter is on the way. They strip the tabaco all winter inside the barns.
It has turned very hot - like 90 degrees today and that is hot for being by the woods. You and that special one have a good weekend..

Judy said...

I love the description that your son sent you. I really don't know anything about Yoga. Don't get too close to the tobacco barn when it is steaming/smoking--you might get a second hand nicotine high! LOL

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, yoga would be good for you.
Simple stretching, slow breathing, slow walking and much you do now only with mindfulness..