Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Beyond Expectation

 An early morning
filling bird feeders
and huge  plants are seen  everywhere.
Plants that were cuttings
two years ago.
and seeds just months ago.
You have grown massive
and soon a part of you will go
to the woods to grow as you please.

My small garden has grown  past my expectation,
more then One Woman can consume
and may soon be able to care for.

You were planned with much thought and
a desire for a dream I could care for in
these last years.

I smile
this was my dream but more then
I hoped for has become a reality.

This reminds me that when we wish
for something
remember it might come true
beyond your expectation...

9 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What lovely gardens filled with beauty and good things to eat.

It is nice when good dreams and wishes come true.

Enjoy your peaceful life.

FlowerLady

Tabor said...

Such abundance. We have only leafy greens at this time of year. YOu are way ahead of us. We also have a nasty ground hog that is doing damage every time we turn around. He refuses to go in our trap as well.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, thank you.
Tabor, all that is growing is almost too much for me :)
I had a groundhog last year that dug under my A/C concrete pad.
Called animal control and they set a trap and caught it. Good Luck..

Pienosole said...

Abundance and joy :-)!

Balisha said...

Hi Ernestine...Your tomatoes are huge. I always marvel at how big things get...like hostas. You plant this little slip of a plant and before long it has outgrown it's space. I'm forever moving something to the wooded area, that has grown too big.
The good thing about them growing big is that they take up room and fill in so weeds don't take over.I have just about every inch planted around the perimeter of the house...so little weeding for me.
That table full of fresh veg from your abundant garden looks like a few delicious meals to me. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole :)
Balisha, yes everything here by the woods has grown past my expectations. Almost too much...

Sky said...

gorgeous! the power of love.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky and Marcia, thank you for stopping by...

Sharon said...

Abundance is the word that comes to mind:)