Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Will Be Thankful

I will not complain
but be thankful.
My garden has looked beautiful
until today.
With no rain
and many plant diseases that I am not familar with
attacking my plants
including the beatles
the flower and vegetable garden is in sad shape.

I will be thankful that through the end of June
all has been enjoyable to look at
and my small harvest has pleased me.

Apron with many pockets is put on and
clippers, phone, gloves and water bottle in place.
Out the door at 5:30
watering, clipping and sprayed one more section
of gravel drive with grass control substance
that I do not like to use but only way to not have
a grass drive.

Few items from garden
and if no rain soon it is finished

Heat index of over l05 expected for a few days.
I am inside for the rest of day
and time for breakfast.....

I am thankful that yesterday early was errand day.
Market to restock a few items, picked up new glasses
the first in 10 years and a doctors appointment to
remove something on my leg.  Test hopefully will confirm
my thoughts that this is sun damage from years of
not using protection.
Now I am in the garden with long sleeve shirt and slacks on
Guess I am a slow learner but better late then never.

6 comments:

lil red hen said...

Yes, we are truly thankful for the early garden produce you have had. My hope for rain is fading quickly; 111* here at 1:50 p.m. The humidity is low so that helps us.

I think a lot of my sun damage was done when I was a youngster; no such thing as sunblock lotion, just a hot, close fitting bonnet, so I'm in the doctor's office every three months now.

Lynn said...

There is much to be thankful for . . . it’s a beautiful sunrise this morning. Have a wonderful day.

sallysmom said...

Maybe, some rain and cooling temps will come your way. If so, you may be able to plant some veggies for fall.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Lynn and s/m, thanks for visiting.

mermaid said...

New glasses in 10 years? This post reminds me of One Woman who is seeing things with a new perspective of acceptance...disappointment, but acceptance and gratitude.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Kaveri, you are special...