Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, July 30, 2018

Something New

In this cottage, books are everywhere, a lifetime of reading
Always writing, diary's in years past, now journals and on computer
A lifetime gardener and now in these ancient years I create and direct,
a constant companion is my camera

Something new
On rainy days, sleepless nights and just for fun
I color and a dozen books on the table

but

bonesighart.com - terri mccloud

is the best
wish she would create another one :)
a Coloring and journaling book
her words of encouragement on each page
are priceless

"your inner voice is the voice of the soul
follow it"


I use to crochet, needles, and thread in the storage room, one who helped me is gone from earth
and I just have difficulty beginning again.

The thought of painting, ordered paints and an easel, gave them to my granddaughter.

Need to stop thinking of something new as I stay busy with what I am doing
and my enjoyment of cooking and baking.

A past with 5 children being raised, stressful position, directing a corporation, then solo a different life of homes and gardens being created.

Need to remember my days are ending and need to relax and slow down even more.

8 comments:

kerrdelune said...

Love this my friend, Terri is a friend and one of my favorite people!

Judy said...

NO!! Never slow down more!
Once we slow down and get in that chair--there is no going back!

lil red hen said...

Coloring ~ sounds like a perfect pastime activity. I have a big box of crayons; maybe this would be good for me to do when long winter evenings come. And of course I want to crochet then too, although I don't need, or have anyone to use the things I make.

Wisewebwoman said...

I think if we can embrace being a child again we are happier, colouring stuff, yarns, graph paper, hand writing, reading, lighting candles and staring in the flames and as I've learned not looking too much in the past where the pain is still waiting to claw me down.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

all comments so appreciated
you lead me onward....

Joared said...

The mind often seems less aged than my body. No trouble keeping the mind occupied with so much, but the body often reminds me to pass on some ideas my mind conjures. Whatever gives us pleasure must be the wise choice, absent the self-criticism for not doing other or more.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Joared - oh yes

Marcie said...

I love to color too. So peaceful and meditative.