Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Scent

Picked up car
after area repair where grocery cart ran into it:)
I was given a loaner for the 5 days
but not comfortable driving that car
so happy to have mine back in the driveway
Also
so pleased to now be driving 3 weeks
All well
but getting in and out of car
balance a bad problem....

Stopped at Aldi
several items they carry and always something different.
Buy my Mango's there and they have a lot of imported cheese.

As I walked in the scent was wonderful
they were unloading flowers
so reasonable
$3.99
bought a Hyacinth
and yellow tulips
and a plus
as they can be planted in my garden,

A quick late lunch
of broccoli soup
and my favorite
fresh Mozzarella cheese.
I have been craving my coconut pie
but still not up to baking
so purchased one at Publix on Monday
when I went to dentist
It is good.



Day ended
and so much undone...
Local family arriving on Sunday and they will supply most
of food
,daughter from Florida and family will visit on Saturday
in town for her fatherinlaws 90th birthday
so pleased to see them
and must share this image
my youngest took of herself
oh my........

14 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I see your lovely space and having this longing to be with you. My face is rusty from not smiling, you made me smile just peeping in.

XO
WWW

Marcie said...

The flowers are so cheerful. Are you getting this snow storm that is blowing across much of the country? It is windy here, but not yet snowing... although the forecast calls for up to a foot! Wow. I need something blooming indoors!

Glad you got your coconut pie!

Sallysmom said...

Your granddaughter has grown up so fast. She is very pretty.

Sky said...

so glad you have made noticeable progress! don't forget that sugar intake causes inflammation as you plan and purchase. happy springtime and happy easter to you!

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

WWW. anytime :)
Marcie, no snow - just rain
Sallysmom, yes too fast..
Sky,well aware but still do not eat much of anything.
I might share
seem to write better then I feel
still struggling with ongoing pain.







FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So glad to read your forward progress. Yay, for you dear Ernestine. Your flowers are pretty as is your granddaughter.

Have a lovely Easter ~ FlowerLady

Judy said...

Family time will be wonderful and tiring, but fill up your heart!
I am so anxious for my spring flowers to bloom.

Yellow Shoes said...

WWW has put it better than I ever could - as she often does. Stay warm and take care. xxx

lil red hen said...

Good morning, Ernestine ~ so good to read your words. xoxo

Tabor said...

This is positive and uplifting. Glad you are slowly getting back on track. That romantic self-photo of granddaughter also show someone is very smart.

Rebecca said...

The flowers ARE beautiful.
Spring seems to be planting freshness into your personal space...
Wanting you to know I ordered The Wisdom of Solitude from our library loan system and set aside this rare, unscheduled morning to read it. Turned out to be a perfect morning. Rain patting gently at the window pane behind my reading chair, etc. I just finished transferring notes into my journal which I want to return to after I've returned the book to the library.... (Curious to know if you've started reading it yet.)
Enjoy your company. (I'm sure you will.)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, have
The Wisdom of Solitude
on top of books to read
started
and oh my
how brave this one is
I could not do
there is much solitude by my woods :)
will continue to read soon
trying to get ready for family this weekend
and my son next week :)
Thank you so much for sharing....

Nan said...

Gosh, she is so grown up! I love your flowers, and I think they are worth having no matter the price. They do a soul so much good.

joared said...

Lovely flowers.....lovely granddaughter.....may you have lovely family gathering.