Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Spring and Never Say Never

I said
no more orchids will I purchase
but at market today
on the mark down table
a beauty for $2.99.,
color is beautiful.
As I walked through the store
several people commented on the color.


Also purchased 2 kinds of lettuce, spinach, parsley, onions and rosemary
and they will be put in several pots

Favorite Lilac bush is full of buds

I can remember when my grandmother and mother
stopped gardening.   As I walked outside this afternoon and tried to pull a few weeds
it is very evident that I will have to make much even smaller then I anticipated.
Too much to care for.

Day is ending
and looks like more rain is arriving.....

5 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Take care.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a beautiful orchid!

Just enjoy what you 'can' do, and all of the beauty that surrounds you.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

joared said...

Ah yes, the "garden" size decreases to pots sometimes and that's just fine -- plants grow still.

Wisewebwoman said...

That orchid lifts my heart and in my aging community container gardening is all the rage.
XO
WWW

lil red hen said...

That's truly a wonderful color! I plan to have a few containers this year; however, I usually forget to water them enough. Bending over to pull weeds, etc., makes me hurt, and there are plenty of weeds that need to be pulled so I may have to resort to using a bit of Round Up.