Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Few Hours of Help

Yes, with a few hours of help
a lot is accomplished.
My young friend Jody is great and wish I could use him more then
once a week this Spring and after everything is done
will have him every other week for a couple of hours.

Plants brought down from loft
hope temperature does not plunge
but if it does
will cover them.
These two plants
each 20 years or older...

A lot of weeds pulled, mulch spread (excellent buy at Lowe's at 5 bags for $10)
Flower bed did go to tree in back
so now
flower bed is over 50% smaller
and grass seed was spread
2 weeks ago.

Soon front field will be planted with corn,
and trees here by the woods have not begun
to leaf out
like the trees in town...

My youngest granddaughter's birthday this weekend
Seems like yesterday .....

10 comments:

Sky said...

looking good! feel a little jealous of your nice temps, but when summer arrives and you guys are sweltering, we'll be happy to be in the NW! :) wish our gardens could be cleaned and primped, but not warm yet and still rainy. very chilly nights. went to theatre production last night and froze en route to van when it was over - 39 degrees and windy on Puget sound. brrrrrr

Pienosole said...

Beautiful! Happy Spring. Hugs to you. :-)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So glad you have some help with things dear Ernestine. You garden bed and fresh sown grass looks good.

Happy Spring ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

Your yard is always so beautifully landscaped with just the right amount of freedom. And keeping plants that long does put me to shame!! I try and sometimes can keep them for a few years. Except for our citrus trees, of course.

lil red hen said...

Your woods and flower beds look so clean and refreshed! They look like they're ready to go for spring. So nice that you can find someone to help you too.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...


I look
once again at the image I took of garden area.
Now the image is great
but with my eyes
I see so many weeds
so maybe I just need to look at what my camera reveals :)
Hoping plants that survived and seeds planted
will be so thick in this small area
that a weed does not have a chance..

Marcie said...

Oh, it's looking so pretty there. Glad you have a helper. Enjoy the spring!

Judy said...

I am so longing for that beautiful, spring green you have to show up at my house!
Another month probably.

Wisewebwoman said...

How beautiful Ernestine, I look out on snow and the ground so poor here, can't even have plants indoors, they die off. House so drafty and cold. I could spend all day in your garden.

XO
WWW

MsGraysea said...

What a lovely scene to see all the beauty around your haven. I could almost feel the warmth on your porch with your beautiful plants. Alas, it is cold, rainy and raw here with snow possibly on Sunday. It is OK.....we will have a lovely Spring eventually.
So nice you have Jody to help out a bit. Do hope you are feeling better and stronger.
Love to you,
Marcia