Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Paper, Fungi and Poison Ivy

Once again  my Friday, N.Y. Times was not in the drive.
Called and customer service reported it differently because this morning
Friday and Saturday arrived - so pleased.
Yesterday after returning from trip down the gravel drive to pick  up mail

noticed something different at edge of the woods by my flowers
I thought some type of wild flower
since I am continually sowing seeds.

Here they are
such a pretty color
and they covered the ground.
I continually spot unusual sizes and shapes of Fungi -  but never this color before.
A beautiful Coral.. one of my favorite colors.

Time was spent on this very hot afternoon chopping Poison Ivy out of my very large bed of
Red Bee Balm.   Decided to make the garden in back not as deep, move my prize flowers
and the others just cut down.  Goal to make this bed so thick there is no room for weeds.

Clothes off and in wash, bath and Poison Ivy
hope you did not get me..

A soft rain fell all last night
wonderful and all of windows open at the moment.
This is a gift
because the hot weather continues tomorrow...

10 comments:

Pienosole said...

Happy Summer Solstice!

Rebecca said...

I so hope any poison ivy oil got scrubbed off! I used to be able to handle it bare-handed, but no longer! Weather has turned cool here - at least temporarily. Ground is still soaked. Perfect for weed-pulling.

lil red hen said...

Ha,ha! Weeds always find a way to creep in. Have a wonderful weekend!

Yellow Shoes said...

We don't have poison ivy in England. Nettles are the ones that sting but only for a while.
Enna xx

Anvilcloud said...

Love that path. It looks magical. Great photo.

Marcie said...

My goodness; things are looking beautiful at your place! Love the photo with the mailbox!

Wisewebwoman said...

Here we finally have summer (I think). I love the path and mailbox photo and your gorgeous fungi.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, Rebecca, Charlotte, AV, Aisling and WWW.
That is my gravel drive, image taken 3 years ago when corn was in the field.
Now the Crepe Myrtle is 3 times bigger :) and wheat is in front.
Hot hot weather has returned, a tree fell in yard and my special help arrived
at 6:AM to cut it up and load on burning pile - too warm to burn anything.
He mentionted poison ivy is everywhere so in the morning again real early
he will return and spray.
Up until last year I did this
but too ancient at this time :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh Dear Anna, did not mean to forget you
and so happy you are backed to following these last years :)

Yellow Shoes said...

I'm very happy to be in touch too. I must sort out my name. My name is Anne but I've been Enna online for so long I answer to it now just as well. But Anna's fine too! Xxx