Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, June 12, 2015

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

It was an early morning ride
your father driving quickly
and your grandmother beside me
trying to comfort me.
You were born at Grace Hospital in Detroit, Michigan
Dr. Miller, my mother's doctor delivered you
at 7:37 AM - on a June 12th morning
8 lbs and you arrived with a head full of dark hair.

Your mom did not gain much weight and was told to expect a small baby
the doctor and I so surprised at my 8lb baby girl.

So many memories over the past years...
 
Your mama
WITH MUCH LOVE
wishes you

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

On this early morning
a memory of a year ago
when your daughter
my first granddaughter
became a bride....



7 comments:

Sandra said...

So lovely to have all these memories. A lovely picture of your little girl grown up and her daughter getting married!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tabor said...

Good genes!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, Tabor
thank you for visiting
and Marcia, thank you...
I read and then it was deleted.

Sallysmom said...

Wonderful memories.

thewiildmagnola said...

Beautiful!

Pienosole said...

Some problems with Google, but glad you were able to read my comment :-). Marsha (AKA Pienosole)