Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, May 7, 2015

This May Day

Since early morning
Fans are whirling
Blinds shut
Wood bee's buzzing
Mosquito's have arrived
Sneezing a lot
New bloom
Early morning
sprayed some weeks
hoed a little
Do not feel like doing anything
Simple lunch
Sit on screen porch
viewing the garden and woods

Recently someone
spotted 2 owls
and the really big woodpecker
here by my woods
Wish it had been me with camera in hand..

Mother's Day cards
arriving
I have so many blessings

A simple day
that feels like July
and I will not have lunch on the sunny deck in this 98 degree temperature


10 comments:

lil red hen said...

98 degrees? Wow!! I think we were 80 degrees yesterday, just very nice. Things are getting dry here but there was a little rain this morning. How fast the weather can change! My arms are sore today from running the weed eater; I'm not very good at it yet. Have a pleasant day!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, deck all sun and that is what the gage says. On screen porch 84. I have not been able to use a weed eater for years.
Take care...

Friko said...

Have a wonderful time in your garden, even if you don’t feel like doing a lot of work. When it’s hot I just wilt, no work for me either.

Tabor said...

I also hide inside when the weather gets warm. I do not worry or regret. Just enjoy your lovely yard from the window and get up earlier in the day.

Wisewebwoman said...

In the shade, you don't need to be out with the insects and the heat. Wow!

Here I had to light the fire but the sunset stole my heart.

XO
WWW

Laura said...

98, wow! It looks so beautiful, our spring blossoms are just starting to really open this week. It is very exciting!

Judy said...

Record temperature here today--84, which is hot for May in Michigan, as you well know.

Sky said...

Perfect weather here at the moment...mid 70s daytime with sun for a change! Sitting in the sun feels warmer than mid 70s, so I take residence for hours at the umbrella table. There I chat on the phone or invite a neighbor over to enjoy the sun with me for a while; watch the birds, squirrels, and rabbits scamper; read and do a little writing, and redesign some part of the gardens! Today I created a water feature with a fountain in the rock garden...who knows if the plan will come to fruition. Sometimes the seed sprouts right there under my garden umbrella!

Anvilcloud said...

It's really warm here for the time of year. Going up to 30C/85F today. crazy after that very long, cold winter.

Blogoratti said...

I enjoyed reading that, looking forward to more sunshine and bliss. Best wishes!