Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Another Change and Lunch Is Cooking

Severe acid reflux on and off for a number of weeks
but Friday and Saturday was really bad and felt sick.
Thought it might be the abundance of fresh cherries I had been consuming
and it probably was some of the problem.
This one has a healthy diet and trying to elimnate anything that is not good for me.
Fosamax, I take when I do not forget once a week, first thing in the morning,
empty stomach and do not lay down for 30 minutes.  Helpful for bones...

Early this morning as I was taking out of box
I looked at the paper that came with it.
Noticed it has a warning about causing severe indigestion,
then Googled it and saw so many comments that many could not take it.
So I am no longer going to take this medication
and will continue with consuming all the calcium rich products I can.
Also the best doctor in the world called last night (something rarely done lately- like in the past with my doctors who have retired)
suggested Pepsid, first thing in the morning before meal and in the evening
before going to bed.   Did this and problem still has not gone away, is better and a better night.
Hopefully I have found a solution to help at severe times of acid indigestion.

Mother, grandparents, Aunts - no broken bones -  has not happened to this one either
and hopefully I just have arthur and old bones..

Spotted last night, this year an abundance of them, other years have hardly seen them
and when Callie gets a view
a little life is ended :(
On the stove at the moment - Cooking cabbage (I like it, healthy and good for your stomach), carrots and potatoes,
may cook some crispy bacon to put on top and tomorrow with leftovers
will cook several pieces of chicken..

9 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

I hope your tum-tum settles soon. I'm having a nasty reaction to a BP medication. My BP skyrocketed when I had that bad fall (along with other stresses at the same time) and hasn't come down. But side effects are my legs which feel like lead and have impacted walking which I love to do.

Ah well. We can vent to each other.

I had a similar dinner tonight but had scalloped potatoes and mixed veggies like yours and some quite lovely ham.

I should have taken a picture before I gobbled it. *smile*

XO
WWW

Sallysmom said...

I take Boniva which is once a month. Hope you feel well soon. Take care.

Friko said...

I take a pill for acid stomach first thing in the morning before breakfast. It helps.

Judy said...

I have Omeprazole for acid reflux--prescription, cheaper than over the counter stuff. I really like what you are cooking today--my favorite veggies. Sometimes I steam Cauliflower, carrots, onion and potatoes. Love them. Fosamax not good for you, or so I've heard. Take Vitamin D to help absorb the calcium in your diet. Cholestrol lowering statins can cause really bad heavy/crampy legs.

Pienosole said...

Hope you're feeling much better. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday!

Anvilcloud said...

Do you also have a hiatal hernia? They don't help, and some relief can be found by having the head part of your bed just slightly elevated compared to the foot. I commiserate with you.

Tabor said...

Your indigestion can be due to so many things. Fosomax is only one. Keep an eye on it and be sure to consult with your doctor. You eat so healthy I cannot imagine it is your diet.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, you know me well, AC, no hernia,
WWW, and Pienosole, :)
Sallysmom, checking on this,
Judy and Friko, thanks for all visiting...

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I take 1 tsp. of baking soda, with 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar, in an 8 oz. glass of water for acid reflux/heartburn. It works fast for me and is very inexpensive.

I hope you get some relief soon. You certainly do eat healthy meals.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady