Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Morning

Callie, sitting and watching

Enjoyed my Beth
so much on Sunday.
Her favorite meal is a roast with vegetables, plus the last of green beans in freezer was added.
At the moment all has been cut up, an addition of frozen corn and tomatoes and making vegetable
soup.   Can enjoy today and freeze in cartons for a busy day.
A roast and vegetables provides many meals.

Zucchini bread baked with the last of it in the freezer
and the first baking done in weeks.

Rain continues on and off for the rest of the week
have thoughts
after this
will it be hot and dry?

Purple Hollyhock, from seeds sent to me years ago by my Laurie who now lives in Tampa.
One huge plant, 6 feet tall and covered with buds.
Soon
lunch
and day ends as this one has been up and busy since 4:30 this morning.
Morning is wonderful
such a joy
watching day break...

11 comments:

GParker said...

Looks beautiful Grandma! Hope to visit in person soon.

Love,
Gavin

Rebecca said...

Oh, that WAS a wonderful morning!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh my Gavin
such a pleasure for your grandma to receive your comment
and visit again soon :)
Rebecca, yes it was...

Wisewebwoman said...

The older I get the more I love mornings. Now someone should embroider that on a cushion. *Smile*

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, I agree, but do not sew :) Always a morning person is this one..

lil red hen said...

Enjoyed my online visit with you today, Ernestine. You make me hungry for soup. We're still having lots of rain, the hay fields wait, and the grass in the garden grows bigger. Que sera, sera :)

Barb said...

You are so productive. Wish I could share a slice of that bread with you. I love the Header. Your landscape is very green with everything growing!

Hill Top Post said...

I know Woodhaven must be a beautiful place at sunrise. Callie seems to be enjoying it all. I love your new header!

Sky said...

Callie is precious! Love this photo!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love that picture of Callie!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jamie,

me too :)