Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Special Words

All medication is now out of my system and many symptoms of Sjogrens and arthritis have returned.
Seems when I am on this strong medication I am almost on a high and feel so good physically and emotionally.    So pleased that while preparing and enjoying family last week that I felt great.
Continuing to do research on my condition and if there is something available to give me quality
of life without being harmful to my body.

Words received from across the ocean
this early morning
 are always uplifting.

Being in nature is best for well being of the mind and body
even if they do not cooperate.

BKS lyengar - quotes
~~~Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what cannot be cured.
      The highest point of yesterday should be the lowest point of today~~~

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I hope today is a good day for you dear lady.

I just looked up Sjorgren's as I didn't know what it was. I looked up natural relief for this and there are lots of websites. I do hope you can find something healthful and natural to help you with this.

Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady

lil red hen said...

I also hope you can find something to help. A special lady like you does not need the aggravation this condition brings.

Tabor said...

You are good at researching strategies for the healthiest fix to things. You will find a good compromise I am sure.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FL, Charlotte and Tabor, thanks for visiting.
I never heard of Sjogrens until they did extensive blood work on me. The body has very high inflammation level which causes a number of symptoms for me
Dry eyes, mouth, aching severly at night, unusual fatigue. not much of an appitite (and I try and eat healthy) and colitus.
So the old woman who lives in the woods will research, pray, meditate and take everything natural she can. I do not have time for this....
But fortunate it did not start until 70...

Balisha said...

There's a miracle called Friendship
That dwells within the heart,
And you don't know how it happened
Or when it got its start.
But the happiness it brings you
Always gives a special lift.
And you realize that friendship
Is God's one precious gift.

Hope this comment finds you feeling better :)
Balisha

Nan said...

Good luck with your research. Alternative treatments? Different foods? My 84 year old aunt in the past couple years found out she was gluten intolerant, and now her life is now the best it has been. There's always hope.

Sky said...

keep me posted. if you find anything i will certainly try it, too!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, Nan and Sky, thanks for visiting.
Sky, I am on something that is an old medication (since last night)
so inexpensive - and I wonder if it works why I was not given this instead of something that cost 20 times more ? Will let you know to soon to tell anything...

mel said...

Thinking of you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mel, thank you so very much...