Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sharing and My Granddaughter's Words

It was a good night and I smile at all the comments from those who read my sharing.  Thank you for all of your encouraging words.

The perfect day is going to be enjoyed or savored.  Smiling  as I remember my young granddaughter using this word during our lunch the other day.  She told me that her parents told her she needed to not eat so fast and "savor her food."

My perfect day is at home,
listeing to the sounds of nature,
spotting different birds,
times with hoe and sprinkling can in hand,
lunch sitting in the old rocking chair,
with camera near by and Callie sitting at my feet.

Yesterday spent time making butternut squash soup.
The squash had been in the fruit bowl for a long time
and needed to be used.   Have never mastered an easy
way to cut and now cut in a number of pieces, simmer
in water and then separate the tough peel from the flesh.
With an addition of onion, carrots, celery, small potato,
garlic, topped with my basil and chopped crisp bacon.
It was a perfect lunch and evening meal and will be
finished off today - along with a coconut and pineapple pie I may be making...

I have started putting a bouquet of my herbs on the table and love the scent.

Sharing a note my oldest granddaughter sent to me.
Thank you, my Jess....

So in my words, here you are....

At this time, you have found your inner peace and it is in the woods, with your hands in the dirt, and nature springing up around you. You are comfortable with who you are and where life has taken you. You appreciate and love your home and garden - it brings you joy and relaxes you. Even though your body may throw obstacles in the way, you are strong and will persevere through the difficult times. You have found such happiness in the blogging world and sharpening your writing skills has kept your mind sharp and clear. It allows us, your family and blogging community, to see the inner workings of your life. I think you feel at peace and accomplished. Your family grows around you and you love and care for all of us so much. You are spiritual and faithful, kind and caring, compassionate and humble. I think you are in a great place in your life, at Wood Haven.

I can't wait to see you :)

All my love,
Jessica

11 comments:

Tabor said...

What a precious message. You are loved and you love where you live. What more is there?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you. I wonder why at times - I do not feel loved or appreciated? When in reality I know this is not true. Maybe we all feel that way at time.

lil red hen said...

Yes, the letter does show you are loved and appreciated. We who only know you through the internet love you too. Sitting on the porch with you would be wonderful.

mermaid said...

The letter from Jessica is so precious. It's as if she is holding up a mirror to you and saying, "Look Grandma. That's you. Look at how beautiful and amazing you are!"

I'm so glad she reflected your true nature and really saw you as you are, loved by many and best friend to One Woman.

sallysmom said...

A very precious message - it brought tears to my eyes as Jessica spoke to you through writing. I know you treasure it so much.
Sallysmom

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte and Sallysmom, thank you for your kind words.
Kaveri, when one has a background like you and I - it is sometimes more difficult to feel loved.
Dear girl, you are speciaL to me and wished you lived around the corner instead of across the U.S.
in California :)

Laura said...

what a remarkable and wise person your granddaughter is...clearly your presence in her life has nourished her spirit! I'm glad you have the energy to prepare such lovely meals and enjoy your garden outdoors and in. I feel more peaceful whenever I visit with you here at Woodhaven.

Beverly said...

such lovely words for her grandmother.....made my eyes tear up....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly and Laura, thank you for visiting..

Sky said...

Jessica seems to truly appreciate the way you model living a meaningful life, one that brings you great pleasure. I imagine she has created a joy filled life for herself as she goes about fulfilling her own dreams. Her words speak so clearly to the life you have painted for all to see through your prose and photographs.

I know what you mean about the fragrances of the herbs. I have a pretty pot of them on the outdoor summer dining table so I can sit nearby on warm days and smell the sweet basil and cinnamon basil and the small lemon scented geranium we put on one side of the container. We added coral colored "million bells" with red throats to splash the container with color and tucked in 2 trailing chartreuse sweet potato vines. It's a delight to my nose and eyes! There are other basil, dill, parsley, and sage plants just outside the kitchen door in an herb garden off the back patio, but this container is the one I sit beside daily.

That pie is GORGEOUS and sounds wonderful. From time to time Mother used to make pineapple puddings - like bananna puddings, but with pineapple instead - for a little change.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, thank you for all you share.
Pineapple pudding - now that is an idea. Your home and flowers sounds lovely - a lot more groomed then mine here by the woods.
Years ago I never had pots of herbs
but sure enjoy them now.
Have a good weekend...,.