Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Simple And Garden Fresh

Little scissors in hand
she fills her small bowl.

An assortment of lettuce
along with Basil, Cilantro, Parsley
and one green onion.
Base for salad
topped with tuna
 stuffed hard boiled egg with garden dill
and some asparagus
Tea with cluster of her fresh Mint
and Tomato Basil soup.
A few Rosemary Crisp crackers
made it complete.

Now if I do say so myself.
This was pretty good....

A new addition to my herb garden
Thai Basil - Siam Queen.
Wonder if it has a different flavor
then my regular Basil.

When I noticed this at the nursery
I had to have it.
It made me think of
my son in that land far over the ocean....

5 comments:

Tabor said...

It has a very slightly different flavor and the leaves do not get as large. I also like the purple leaved basil which tastes like regular basil but looks so pretty in the garden.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you. You know so much about a lot of things...
I am going to buy some of the purple basil- I wondered if the taste was similar - now I know :)

mel said...

You are amazing.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

mel, I tried to leave several comments on your blog but could not get through.
Take care and thank you for visiting.

MsGraysea said...

So delicious and makes me crave a similar dinner. I have many of the ingredients on hand so that just might happen later today! I love the greenness all around you. We finally got some rain and woke up to green yesterday. We need more so hope that happens later in the week.