Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

After The Rain

Asiatic Lily has opened and Oak leaf Hydrangea's are filled with buds and promises to be
outstanding when they bloom.

Potted plants on terrace are doing well and I water daily except when there is rain.  Good
rain last night and now predicted almost 90 degrees for the next week.
All plants are blooming about
a month early.  I would like some plants to be  blooming when most of children
and grandchildren visit  Woodhaven on Mother's Day.   Day Lilly's usually bloom in June and
they are beginning to have buds.    At the rate that all plants are blooming there
may not be anything to bloom from June on.                                                          

6 comments:

Judy said...

Everything is so beautiful there in your world.

Sky said...

pretty! what is the lavender plant above the geranium? it looks familiar, but i can't call its name.

lil red hen said...

Don't you just love asiatic lilies!! I have one now, with so many blooms it looks like they could be in a vase. I like it that they stay open longer than daylilies. Glad you got some rain; hand watering can't do what a good rain can do.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, thank you - I cannot get my nails clean :)
Sky, do not know what it is. A friend brought me the basket with 3different plants in it.
Charlotte, yes they are so pretty.

sallysmom said...

Where I work there are azaleas and daylilies blooming at the same time. It has been a very strange spring.
Sallysmom

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

sallysmom, I agree :)