Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, May 25, 2012

Quick Garden Tour

I was not going to write this morning
another busy day.
Another hot day and while watering garden
noticed such progress for this time of year.
Egyptian Onions I ordered last year are doing
as predicted and forming onions on top.
Soon have yellow squash on my two vines.
A green tomato spotted
and the potato that had sprouted in my bin
I planted and is growing.
Hollyhocks must be over 6 foot high and blooming.

I smile at this progress as
another day begins.....

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love the color of those hollyhocks.

Enjoy watching your gardens grow and thank you for sharing them with us.

Have a lovely day and a great weekend.

FlowerLady

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, thanks for visiting.
All this sharing lets children know what is going on with mom..

the wild magnolia said...

I am always happy of your garden posts. I had never heard of Egyptian onions, until you. They are amazing.
Your garden is a blessing to me. It makes me happy to know someone who gardens. It is encouraging for me to see how you manage your life. It is fun to watch your garden grow. I love it!

Happy Memorial Day. The hollyhocks are rich looking.

Thank you for sharing.

Sharon said...

All this gorgeous color made me smile this morning:)

Judy said...

You brought a smile to this lonely and depressed woman today. Thank you for that. How I wish I could get Holly Hocks to grow. I got some seeds from the family Centennial Farm--two years in a row, but they just won't grow--I so wanted a nice big plant by the front steps. Perhaps I will try again this year!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandy and Sharon, thanks for visiting.
Judy, the picture looks prettier then they actually are.
It is so damp here by the woods
and they are not as pretty as usual. Thank you - healing wishes I send you constantly...