Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, May 5, 2012

All Night

All night
the soft rain fell.
At dawn
everything looks so
fresh, clean and green.

Snake is curled up by cottage.
Maybe a visitor can identify.

Corn is growing
Oak leaf Hydrangea starting to bloom
Old Rabbits Ear Fern on screen porch
loves the misty rain that filters through
the screen.
Another day begins
may have a visit from little Bear.

Another word for Woodhaven
is Peace......

4 comments:

lil red hen said...

So glad you got more rain; we're beginning to be very dry.

Hope the snake is a good one to help rid the woods of bad snakes. But be careful until you know the identity.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, thAnk you. Yes, a light all night rain and everything looks beautiful.
Needed the rain. Hope I find out about the snake :)
Have a good Sunday..

Judy said...

If it were a snake by my house, he would be curled up too--but his head would be missing! I hate them no matter how good they are.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, that is the way I always felt they always frightened me but now at my age and living by the woods. I think a little differently :)