Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beautiful Sunny Saturday

Just turned on computer to check emails and went to my daughter's blog. This made me smile.
http://blondemomblog.com/ Savoring Childhood One Chocolate Milkshake At A time

I am in the city today. My garden needed grooming desperately and also my garden fingernails.
Will try and get a little rest.

It will be two years tomorrow that I moved into this city home. There were workers in and out of this home for two weeks and I was almost in bed for two weeks from the exhaustion. I think I am doing better this time.

Will write a post soon on my experience yesterday. The alternator went out of my truck . What an experience as I just finished climbing a very steep hill (seemed like a mountain) when my truck just died. Needless to say my blood pressure was very high.

One Woman Memory

8 comments:

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

I hope you are having a lovely weekend. I visited your daughter's blog and it is so fun. What a gifted writer she is. You must be very proud. Enjoy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan, thank you. Yes, I am proud of my girl. She was raised solo by this mom. Played the piano in church and really quiet. I have been so suprised at her writing language. Not like my girl talks.
Mom learned a lot when she started writing online. lol She always makes me smile. Again - thank you.

Tabor said...

Sorry about the truck incident, but you are strong and balanced. Waiting for another photo of the house...maybe the cabinets?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, thank you for the comment that you think I am strong. I will take a picture of my cabinets tomorrow.

MsGraysea said...

Yes, your daughter is a great writer, as are you!
So sorry about the truck ills and hope it is all fixed now. You will be needing it, I am sure.
Love the coral bells in your header!

Cloudhands said...

I must admit, as soon as I read your daughter's blog, I got out my map and found the little town she mentions. It has helped me give you a space in my mind's eye. Other folks I have to give a whole state or province. Love your daughters adventures and not so much yours with your truck. Goodness gracious. I'm glad you seem to be safely home. I await the next installment.

Gilly said...

Love your new header! And sorry about the truck. I've had that alternator problem - in the fast lane of a motorway where I was doing a nice stead 70 mph!!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, Cloudhands and Gilly - thank you for checking in with me.
Yes - this is quite an adventure going on at the moment.