Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, May 18, 2009

Peace and Joy

I arrived home - weary. So much being accomplished in the country. I finished the front landscaping with my helpers. Flooring is being installed inside. Closet shelves, gutters and garage door in the process of completion. Cabinet man shared that part of cabinets will be installed by the end of the week. Yes I am tired but at such peace and happy.
I took the image on my new header to show what I will look at from my deck that will soon be built.

My youngest daughter and granddaughter are giving me the day Friday - Yeah. So they will view my new ongoing creation and I will treat them to lunch.

Checked my emails and how could a grandma not smile at the image I found.

Pure Joy - my granddaughter and friends at their class picnic. There is something about these little girls - joy and happiness that lifts my spirit and is contagious. A special blend of cultures. A six year old that is always smiling is my little one.

Monday afternoon from One Woman

14 comments:

Tabor said...

It is contagious isn't it? We do not have that free kind of joy as easily as they do. What a very special time in their lives.

Cloudhands said...

The view from your deck will be an invitation to serenity and contemplation. I suspect that because that is what I find on our back deck early in the morning when I sit with my first cup of coffee. May it serve you for many years.

Beverly said...

Love the girls laughter...it makes my day...

lilalia said...

Your strides forward are fantastic. How fun is has been and is to hear about the progress of your new home.

Gilly said...

What a fantastic scene to sit and look at! I feel really envious!

And such cute little girls (and boy) So lovely to see them all playing together and enjoying life.

MsGraysea said...

What beauty there is in the laughter and uninhibited fun of children, and the serenity from your new deck is sure to serve you well in your new haven. I love "being along as you create this next phase in your life, yet savor every minute of the process.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Cloudhands, Beverly, Lililia, Gilly and Marcia, you make me smile this early morning as I check my emails. Yes, children have that free kind of joy. Their laughter is music to the ears.
Strange that when I look at the country surroundings I never see totally with my eye - what the camera captures. Wonder Why? Have a great day and thanks for going on this journey with me.

Darlene said...

I am so happy that your new house is coming along so nicely and so fast. You must have a wonderful contractor because most building projects run into unexpected glitches. I am so glad yours is going smoothly.

Enjoy Friday with your girls.

L. said...

Oh, that we could keep that childish spirit and acceptance within us forever....

Love the picture...

xoxo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Grammie, so true. So happy you were able to spend time with your mother.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mermaid said...

There is somehting that tugs at my heart, too when I watch my daughter's class come home from the park.

Mim said...

Ernestine
Hope you are getting caught up this week in all that you have to do with the building, and packing and moving prep.
You asked about my camera... a simple little Canon Power Shot SD400.It's several years old and the updated of the same has some nice features. Easy to use.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mermaid, thank you. Mim, no packing as of yet - this home has to sell. I am beginning to take gardening items every day.
Your images are so beautiful. They look like paintings. You must be doing something special that I am not doing. Thanks for visiting me.