Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, May 8, 2009

Rainy Day Book

I still find each day to be to short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

John Burroughs

Sharon Lovejoy - adds this and they could be my words " I still find each day is too short for all the gardens I want to plant, all the critters I want to know, all the mysteries I want to explore, and all the friends which whom I wish to share them.

Read about this book from Nan at http://lettersfromahillfarm.com/ Quickly ordered and it is fast becoming a favorite.

A new book for One Woman



6 comments:

Marcie said...

Ernestine,

Have you explored Sharon's blog? I have a link to her place in my blogroll, if you are interested. She is a wise lady, and another kindred spirit!

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

This book sounds awesome. I think I will add it to my wish list. Have you read "Plant Seed, Pull Weed", by Geri Larkin. She is a Zen teacher, and knowing what you've read in the past, AND how much you like gardening, you would love this book. I'm positive!

Happy Mother's Day from one gardener to another!

Sarah Lulu said...

So very true ....

Tabor said...

AND each day is too short for all the books I want to read!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, Jan, Sara Lu and Tabor, thenk you for checking in. The rain continues in my area.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Sipping tea, reading your blog, and celebrating Mother's Day. I send you Mother's Day blessings and wishes for all the joys of life–and I'll agree with you. We don't have enough time for all the good things we need to experience!

All good wishes, Sharon Lovejoy