Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Favorite

This little plaque is my favorite. About 40 years in my possession. I truly do believe in miracles. Just dropped it for the second time. Once again I will glue it back together.

A busy Saturday. Grocery early this morning because I needed an ingredient for a chocolate sheet cake that I was going to make. My little granddaughter that plays soccer is attending their end of the season celebration. My daughter volunteered a home made desert. Baking is not something she really enjoys or rather has time to do. So she volunteered mom's cake.
I wanted it to be extra good since the coach's wife is my doctor. Dr. Chrystal, I hope you like my cake.Also Jamie shared some children either did not like nuts or were allergic to them. So I iced half plain chocolate and half with chopped pecans in the icing.

The cake was just picked up. An hour spent with grandma picking and eating some of her strawberries. The birds are eating my strawberries. I will have to cover them. Just a bite out of each one. Also I have a half dozen raspberries and notice some blueberries that will soon ripen

My little girls needed their bangs trimmed - grandma did this and also painted finger nails and toes.

I want a country garden and with the summer heat starting I will probably prepare my small garden plot and plant these favorites next fall.
Also have picked out a spot for a clothesline. One Woman has to have a clothesline.

Enough sharing from One Woman on a Saturday afternoon

11 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

My Mum bakes a cake every week for my children, still, and she's 81. They love it.

Tabor said...

What a nice idea to have a clothesline. I remember the delicious smell of laundry dried in the Colorado sun when I was a little girl.

Gilly said...

Clothes lines save a lotof electricity if you don't have to use a tumble dryer!

I meant to bake a cake for my daughter today, but was gardening instead. Hopefully I will see my new little Great granddaughter!

Marcie said...

I love your little garden plaque! What a great thought to contemplate as you walk through the garden.

Isn't it fun to paint little tiny girly fingernails? I think it is the sweetest thing, but now I spend my time trying to scrub the dirt out of little boy fingernails ... cute too, but in an entirely different way!

Enjoy the day!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Aisling, thank you for visiting.
I wish I had your wood walkway.
I had something similar at another home. My little girls love for me to paint their nails. They are so serious as they watch me do this.
They surely are a joy to this grandma.

Sky said...

i, like tabor, remember the wonderful smell of sunshine in the clothes on the line! but, i hated the way the towels were hard and stiff! it will be exciting to have one and choose what to dry in the sun.

Val said...

Ive often seen your comments over at Tabor's blog, but never visited before.

Will make it a regular stopping off point now.

Thanks.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Val, please visit and comment again. I read some of your entries and we have many similar interest. I am discovering a whole new world since joining the blogging community.

Judy said...

What a great quote. I love it. I bet your cakes are yummy. I love baking cakes and do make one almost every week, too. Sounds like you have some great fruit in your garden. I envy you the clothesline! I am still thinking of getting one. Hope you are having a good weekend.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Your day nourishing others with care and cake sounds lovely! And I do love the quote on your stone. How in the world could we live day-to-day with all that comes if we did not believe in miracles? I have witnessed hundreds in my life, and I am sure you have too. Thank God! I have a sign that greets visitors when they come to my home. It says, "This house believes." It sets the tone....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Jan = thank you so much for your comments. They keep me sharing.