Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Simple and Easy

At the market yesterday, green peppers were 2 for $1.

So just now in the oven a simple meal of
stuffed green peppers with cooked ground beef,  chopped tomato,  rice with onions, peppers and corn.
Topped with Cheddar cheese and will be good in a short time and also tomorrow
Another warm day.

Oldest granddaughter's skiing with friends, Jessica is the one in black,
their helmets look like they are from outer space.
Growing up in Michigan, can remember well my skiing, ice skating and walking 3 long blocks
down the middle of the street when walks were covered with snow.  This was easier since some did not shovel the
snow off of their walk.   I walked this many times as I got off the big bus and was on the way home from working at the
corporate office of Ford Motor Company at 18 years of age.

Do not miss that weather at all and today it is 60 degrees once again.

Sure is strange weather for February...

9 comments:

lil red hen said...

February? Is that now? :) Isn't it strange how the New England states have had so much snow and yesterday the temp reached 82* here in the South. I don't think you'll hear me complaining though.

Tabor said...

I am going to post Lenton roses next. They are doing beautifully under my maple tree.

Val said...

I love stuffed peppers. Enjoy! :)

Rebecca said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Green peppers here are reasonable (beautiful & large) here, too.
I've been slicing them and eating them raw. Don't know WHY I haven't thought of stuffing them I think I'll do that for one of our meals tomorrow. Sounds SO delicious.

Not so cold here (45 degrees, or so), but the wind has been blowing - almost violently at times - all day. Makes it hard to sleep for me....I believe I'll take a book to bed and read till I can't keep my eyes open.

Wisewebwoman said...

We have a snow storm forecast so enjoy the warmth. I haven't stuffed peppers in ages. Always good. I make a locked green pepper soup. 😀
XO
WWW

Judy said...

You had a great job at 18 years old!!!
Did you see the amount of the profit sharing checks those Ford workers are getting this year? $12,000.00--probably $7,000.00 after taxes.

Marcie said...

The weather has been odd all over the country this year, I think. Like a roller coaster here: gets cold and snows for a couple of days, gets warm enough to melt the snow the next couple of days. I envy that 60 degrees, but I know that a consistent cold weather in my location would be best for nature!

joared said...

I, too, am quite content to observe snow at a distance as Great Lakes state weather in my much younger past.

Pienosole said...

Thinking of you and sending smiles :-) :-) :-).