Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Jessica, my first granddaughter.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SWEET GIRL

GRANDMA, SENDING A FEW DAYS EARLY - KEEP THINKING OF YOU ?

REMEMBER SO WELL WHEN YOUR DAD CALLED AND SAID YOU WERE ON THE WAY :

GRANDMA, HEADED FOR MEMPHIS

LOVE YOU.

Your now married and teaching in New York.  Grandma is so proud of you.

40 degrees colder then yesterday but bright sun is shining.
Early morning errands and this small town has a lot but lacks much good  food for me to pick up.
UPS drop off and Amazon such a help to me and returns so easy.

Everyone is so kind as I do my simple errands and shop.   Doors opened, UPS came out to
take large package out of my car,  people smile, love this smaller town, even have had people offer
to help me put gas in my car - must be the cane :)

Looks like my mattress will be exchanged in 2 weeks, so difficult contacting anyone and everyone
seemed to be from other countries and I had difficulty understanding them and several hung
up on me when I asked them to speak louder.    Finally reached one so kind and thanked this
young woman.

I make a lot of soup and always freeze a carton, so chili, with cheese and special chips, fruit tea
and the last slice of my Zucchini bread, want to make my Blueberry Cranberry bread soon.
Later today may make the Peach Custard pie, so easy and tasty.

Everyone have a good day, somethings beginning to bloom and hope with heavy frost due
that I do not lose anything.

Strange weather.....


8 comments:

Rebecca said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOH! Blueberry cranberry bread sounds SO delicious!
I live in small town also....and though I think I could be happy living most anywhere, I DO enjoy it here.
I look out our kitchen window to see the lilac and forsythia bushes are budding out. Much too early. With snow flurries today after near 70 degree temps, I wonder if we'll enjoy lilacs or the early yellow of forsythia?

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Rebecca, I seldom respond to comments (forgive me) but thank you always for
your special words to me...

Marcie said...

Mmmm, the blueberry cranberry sounds good to me too! Love that people are kind to you in your small community. That is how it should be (with or without a cane!)

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Marcie, did you receive list of books I sent on Chinese Poetry ?

Tabor said...

No one loves as purely as a grandparent.

Wisewebwoman said...

Lovely young woman like Grandma. Ah those loves. Delish.

XO
WWW

joared said...

Congrats on your first granddtr. My first and only one graduates from college thus year, but recall the thrill when she was born. Mattress issue must have been frustrating, especially when communication is a problem for any reason. Hope it's resolved now. Love your header!

Pienosole said...

The colder weather has arrived here in the north as well. Wonderful to read of so many acts of kindness! And, of course, the words you've written and photos you've shared of your granddaughter are also heartwarming! <3 :-)